cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

dnsmith84

Quitting

Does it seem like the two weeks before you quit you are smoking more than ever?

0 Kudos
19 Replies
Cyn7077

Yes , yes and yes . I have been through this before . It does get easier with time .

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

It is possible that it may be or even seem to be.  However, no matter what it may appear to be quitting smoking is doable if you make quitting smoking your number one priority and make up your mind that you can.  Relearning your thinking that you do not have to smoke or vape is a good beginning.  Make a commitment never ever take another puff.  NOPE.  Take smoking off the table as an option and do something different. 101 Things to Do Instead of Smoke SINAO smoking is not an option.  That is NOPE concept not one puff ever. It is not by will power but your willingness to let it go forever.   Quitting is the easy part.  Staying quit takes work.   Learning to protect your quit will keep on your journey forever freedom. This journey is one day at a time.  Never give up, never give in. Hang tough Stay Close.

Education is the key to successfully quit. Read, Study, Blog and be willing to do the work. I was advised to read Allen Carr's Easyway to Quit Smoking which can be found on pdf on the web.  Another good site to get info which was very helpful to me is  www.whyquit.com.  There are several articles to read.  Nicotine 101 and FreedomFrom Nicotine My Journey Home.   With the help of the EX Community, you can have a forever quit.  Start by educating yourself about the addiction to nicotine. Know the LAW!  Go to My EX Plan | BecomeAnEX  and review the videos and learn more about  your triggers and how to prepare when the urges come

sweetplt

Not for me... I started cutting down for months before I took the plunge and quit...but some here have said that has happened to them...I feel at this point you should be writing down when you smoke, why you smoked, triggers, etc., to get you better prepared for your quit day...~ Colleen 409 DOF 

dnsmith84

Thank you, what a great idea. I will try it!

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Congrats on your decision to quit.  In addition to using some quit aids, I actually setup a schedule and cut down the week leading up to my quit.  There are text messages available from the Ex that might help to motivate you.  I actually looked forward to receiving each day.  Looking forward to celebrating your day in two weeks!

barb

dnsmith84

I will try the schedule too and see if I can get those texts set up!

Mysticcat

I smoked a lot in the day I decided to quit. I felt like I was mourning the death of a loved one. I smoked one after another.  But I started taking Chantix so by the end of two weeks they tasted really bad. 
I definitely agree with JACKIE1-25-15‌ educate yourself about addiction. The more you learn the stronger your dedication becomes. There are some really great resource on this site. I wish I had this much at my finger tips. I really like the text messages you can get too, such s great tool. 

What help me too was communities like this. Reaching out asking for and helping others built my confidence up in quitting. 
Cheering you on thru cyberspace dnsmith84‌ 

0 Kudos
dnsmith84

Thank you so much for sharing. I've got a long road ahead!

Mysticcat

You’ll get there. Just one moment at a time!