cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

mark.de.wet

Quitting

Hi All, just want to say hi and that I have decided to quit smoking as I am 56, have been diagnosed with high blood pressure and that it's simply getting too expensive to smoke. I'm quitting gradually as I don't have the will-power to go cold turkey. I would love to get feedback from anyone else that quit by giving up gradually and succeeded. Thanks

31 Replies
MDR_BDel

Gradual quitting is kind of torturing yourself.  Read this link from whyquit.com  Quit Smoking Cold Turkey! 

Cold Turkey seems hard, but really the toughest days are the first 5 and then things start to get better.  Everyone is different though.  I would recommend trying cold turkey.  

jrgar1

My gradual quit lasted twenty years until the successful quit of cold turkey. Our addiction loves withdrawal, convincing us to use our drug to avoid the discomfort of our dis-ease when not using. As soon as we stop using we are in withdrawal till we use again. The vicious cycle. The merry go round of addiction. Stop the torture and insanity of repeating the same behaviors expecting different results. As difficult as it can be, no matter what, the only solution is to just quit using the drug. We found a new freedom conquering this challenge, empowering us to face the cravings and emotional facets of addiction now ahead for us. The battle of addiction takes us on a daring adventure to better know ourselves, doing many other things in life we never could have thought possible. You can do this too!

Never quit quitting! Not One Puff Ever! J.R.