cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Cmac916

Quitting zyn pouches

I chewed Copenhagen for 10 years. About a year ago I started using zyn pouches and to say the least they are extremely addicting. They have caused me anxiety, weight loss from not eating as much, and higher blood pressure. I’ve tried quitting them so many times. I go three days then convince myself I can just have one last one. I’m new to this site so let’s see how this works. I really want to quit and will do so. My start day is today so wish me luck!

0 Kudos
7 Replies
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Cmac916  Glad you’re here.  You’ll find support here from others who haven’t used zyn but their experience quitting will be helpful.  @MusicalHobbit  and @Goose1520  have recently quit zyn so you may want to read about their experiences as well.  Keep checking in and updating us.  

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
Barbscloud

@Cmac916 Welcome to the Ex.  I see yesterday was your quit date.  How did it go?  No matter the source we're all addicted to nicotine.  I you haven't explored the site yet, do the reading about nicotine addiction and planning for your quit.  This link is a great place to start.

https://www.becomeanex.org/guides/?cid=footer_community_linktobex

After many year of using, many of us learned that having the knowledge and preparation made quitting possible.

We're here to support you, so stay close and reach out anytime we can help.

One day at a time works.

Barb

0 Kudos
Cmac916

Well thank you very much! First day was good. Just dealing with that annoying voice in the back of my head that says you can’t do it but I know it’s a mind trick. Nicotine is crazy addicting I can’t believe it’s legal everyone I know says they hate it that do it

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

@Cmac916 That's great news.  I'm glad you had your first day of success.  You're confidence will grow with each new day.

Yes you can do it.  The quitters here are proof of that.  Don't ever let yourself think you can do it just once.  

Reminding myself that "I don't do that anymore" when the desire hit, really help me.

Barb

0 Kudos
Cmac916

Well thank you so much I feel like I needed that thank you

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

Congratulations on your 24 hour success.  am not sure what zyn is. Changing your mindset has a lot to do with quitting.  If you believe you can  you will.  When I quit I vowed if I could make it 24 hours nothing was going to stop me.  Education is the key to a successful quit.  Read all you can about the addiction to nicotine. Never give up.  Foundation For A Successful Quit 

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi everyone. We just released some new content on Quitting Zyn and other oral nicotine pouches 

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos