cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

mindy

Quitting tomorrow

Hi everyone. I found this site and I am so glad you are here. I am quitting tomorrow-scared to death. I plan to blog my way through this time. I will be using the patch. I have tried many times before but I hope the support here is what I need. I AM SCARED TO QUIT. I feel like I am losing my best frined-my crutch. I turn to my cigs for everything-mostly I have this feeling it calms me down. Anyone-glad to be here and read all the posts.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
breathless

Mindy, Hi! We're so glad you're here. Having a plan & knowing what to expect helps alot. The BecomeanEx site has a great plan & reasonstoquit.com has some great education. if you have your weapons in place you can NOT be beat. The daily pledge group helps me too. Great luck to you & stand strong.
0 Kudos
cindy25

Glad you are here. I though smoking was calming too. It isn't. I can say that now. It really doesn't calm you- it distracts you. Find something else to do when you are agitated. Not just craving- but agitated. It will help. Try crosswords, games, tape favorite shows, buy some new books to read, etc. Those things calm you down! AND- BONUS- they won't kill you! Isn't that nice?
0 Kudos