cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

altusadmin

Quitting my Juul proving harder than quitting cigarettes

Hi all,

I'm here because I'm trying to give up my Juul habit. I am a former smoker, had been blessedly quit for years, but used a Juul on a lark and it is proving more difficult than my final smoking quit 7 years ago. I realize that many on these threads may use Juul as nicotine-replacement, which I support (it's certainly better than smoking). But my goal is simply to get off nicotine again, for health reasons (no idea what my near-constant Juul inhalation will do someday) and cost (money could be so much better spent). 

Just wondering if anyone here is trying to give up Juul / vaping habit and finding it as wildly difficult as I am. 

Thanks all. 

Tags (1)
86 Replies
lqsi12

Now thats interesting.  Do you know how long they have been quit ?

0 Kudos
BugsNBats14

About a year now.

altusadmin

All,

Thanks for everyone's comments and assistance. I fell off this spring and went back to Juul like an abused partner, using it ad nauseum (sometime literally) for another 2.5 months. I am now 14 hours into my new quit and want this one to stick. 

I'm am going to leverage this site like crazy this time. It's already gotten me through my biggest morning craving.

Thanks for the help. Stay tuned...

VAPEASDEADLY

Get back on track, It sucks,going back through the 1st month of withdrawal is probably what keeps me from picking up again more then anything. i FELT ABSOLUTELY nuts i don't want that back. 134 days free, and don't want it back.

Giulia

Staying tuned.....

0 Kudos
sweetplt

I am glad you came back to beat the the addiction...rid all paraphernalia...Congratulations on 14 hours of freedom...be sure to come here and post often...we are here for you...Happy Friday ~ Colleen 228 DOF 

0 Kudos
lqsi12

altusadmin         Did you discard the sneaky creepy Juul ?

elvan

We are seeing more and more people who want to stop vaping but who are having trouble...I wish THIS was more out in the public eye. I wish kids, who are not supposed to be able to get the paraphernalia, would understand that there is no immunity from addiction.  I can so relate to the feelings of hiding out, lying to family, I did that more than once in the past.  DO stay close to the site and know that we are all on the same journey.

Ellen

maryfreecig

Try changing the name from Juul to Jail in your minds eye. Nicotine repackaged and alluded to as a jewel--a treasure, something to be coveted. Don't be fooled, you can quit, yes you can, one day at a time.

Giulia

The after-meal smoke and the reward smoke were the hardest for me to push through.  You can't stop eating, so that trigger is going to be there for a while.  I just had to get up and do something immediately after to keep my mind OFF the beast in the corner.  Eventually that trigger does disappear.  At least it did for me, totally.  The reward puffing I found harder to conquer because it's not like we get rewards several times a day.  Even now I'l accomplish a major physical task (working outside, i.e.), and I'll think "Gee a cigarette would be great right now."  Of course it wouldn't.  Cigarettes really taste NASTY which you quickly discover after having only quit for a few days.  Because they ARE nasty.  Don't know if that's the same with JUUL.  But each trigger we get through weakens the reiteration of it.  It takes time to unlearn.  Accept the journey and whatever comes with it.  The journey changes all the time.  It won't be awful forever.  Promise!  You guys hang in there.  (And that is one scary article!  The link came through fine.)