cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

want2runagain

Quitting cold turkey.....whew! it is hard

I, like so many others on here, have several health concerns because of my heavy smoking...I quit 3 days ago...cold turkey...Smoked for 20 years..pack a day, or more. I have had bronchities, ear infections, and the last one....strep throat, and have not felt good for 6 weeks...coughing and tired, this is why I want to stay smoke free but it is hard...I am struggling....the last time i was smoke free for ANY length of time was when I was pregnant with my son.....that was 12 years ago and I started smoking again when he was about 2 weeks old. I have never smoked in my home or car or around him but i could find any reason to go out to the garage for a few minutes, lol. 

Excercise is suppose to be a big help but I cant breath well enough or feel good enough to excercise. I hope that after a week or so of not smoking..I will feel well enough to start walking....

Anyway....It is day three and I will keep coming back to this site, everyday...for support because I want to feel better. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
jdc1953

I was just put on Advair to help with the breathing so I could start walking.  You will feel better without the cigarettes and your breathing will improve.  Start slow with just doing a little exercise.  I take it you have had a checkup recently or at least have been to the Dr.   I hope you feel better soon and you hang in there.  You can do it.....I know you can!

0 Kudos