Give and get support around quitting

lois2

Quitters in Their 40's

Lisa you can do it, 2 DAYS AND HELLO WEEK WILL BE OVER good luck
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
125 Replies
cassandra20

Hello Everyone. I am over 40 But I no longer celebrate my Birthday..

I have ME days.. I get to do whatever I want for  me.. No matter what it is.

my quit day is March 1st and am looking fo4rward to it very much

Any tips??

0 Kudos
robincharlene

Hello everyone,

I am 45 and today is my first day without cigarettes in my life.  I know it will be a long road ahead but already this site has helped me knowing I am not alone....Wish me luck !!!     

0 Kudos
jhamlin6668

Hi girls.  Yes, we are still girls in our 40's I believe.  I'm inspired by those of you who have quit and who have set their quit dates.  My quit date is 2/27.  I started when I was 14 and have quit for up to five years in a stretch.  I'll be honest.  I'm doing this mainly for financial reasons, but I hate being stinky too.  My apartment gets NO cross-breeze.  I have those really tall side slider windows that I have to keep open at least 6" in the winter with a fan blowing out so I can keep breathing.  Thank goodness for free heat!!

I'm glad to have found this group as well as people in my age group.  It makes a difference.  I figure if my dad can quit after smoking for 54 years then what's a measly 30?  Just think, if smokes were still less than $1 a pack some of us might not be here!!  So in a perverse way - thank you for inflation and over-taxation of tobacco!!

0 Kudos
anna64

Wow what a couple days can do!!!  I'm so glad that ya'll have joined!!  I welcome you here!!

A few tips: 

1.  Stay Close to the site.....If YOU EVER feel like Taking a Puff.....BLOG FOR HELP...

2.  The Help and People here ARE AWESOME!!! 

&  3.  We have all been at the Beginning of a Quit, Just stay POSITIVE and it will help!!

Again I'm so glad with your choice to quit and finding this site....and SO glad you joined my Group!!!  Blogging is a blessing.....you will get answers almost immediately!!

Wishing ya'll a Very Happy Valentine's Day!!

Toodles  :O)

0 Kudos
szimm

Hi ladies!  Well, again I am going to quit smoking.  The difference this time is that I will not start again.  I have been smoking on and off (more on than off) over the past 30 years.  Yikes!  That is really hard for me to wrap my brain around.  I am 44, have 4 awesome kids who I live for and want to continue living for.  My mom passed away 12 years ago from lung cancer and I am super scared that I am following in her foot steps.

My stop date is next Monday, the 20th.  Be prepared for this discussion board to blow up cause I will probably be typing away all day long, complaining about this and that and yes....the other thing. 

My hope is to provide everyone else here with support as well.  It is very true that as we help others we also are helping ourselves.

I look forward to the future!

Sally

0 Kudos
anna64

Hi Sally..so glad you joined us!!  It's a wonderful thing that you are doing and have the motivation to do it with!!  Kids are a wonderful part of our lives and I would not know what to do without my boys!!  Or better yet what they would do without me!!  So your quit date is Monday...are you working the steps on the site??  Tracking your habit and preparing to quit are very important to being successful....They have helped me make it to day 11 again...Yes I've been down this road before and made it almost 3 months...which this time I'm going to surpass!!  I'm in this to NOT ONE PUFF EVER!!  (NOPE for short)....You will see this a lot on this site...it is a Great Reminder of WHY we're here to help one another....And don't forget to BLOG BLOG and BLOG some more ... if you blog in the main part....you will get help from a lot of Great people with different stages of being smoke free....some people have 600 days of being smoke free and they are great to learn from!!  Well I wish you the Best Smoke Free Future and don't forget to BLOG!!!  :O)

0 Kudos
KatsKats

I think if I stay QUIT I will feel like Im 30 again. I have so much more energy when I dont smoke. I am just going to keep trying until I make it, until I am free from smoking. It is not easy as a matter of fact it feels like Im in hell. BAH but then there are good moments too!!!

0 Kudos
lynne1-2012

Hello non smokers, Im 41 days smoke free!  and loving it.  I do have those days where a cigarette would taste so good still, but Im strong enough to NOT pick up again!  

0 Kudos
slm06

Hi my name is Sue, I just decided to quit smoking been smoking along time My mom died 4 years ago from small cell Lung Cancer and I really dont want that to be me I have 6 beautiful children and they have all been nagging me to quit so I guess its time I think it will make me feel better....Ive tried before and failed but this time my life and my kids are depending on me, so I think with alot of support I can do this thing.... I just dont understand how something so small can take such control over you But I am going to give it my all this time and I will make it last the rest of my life 🙂   I hope to be able to get support from the nice people on this site.... Well my quit date is the 16th of March wish me luck:)   This time Im going to make it I have too for me and my kids Thanks in advance  

0 Kudos
molly33

Hi everyone, just writing a few lines my quit date is March 18 and I'm getting nervous already and still have a day to go. 

0 Kudos