Give and get support around quitting

lois2

Quitters in Their 40's

Lisa you can do it, 2 DAYS AND HELLO WEEK WILL BE OVER good luck
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
125 Replies
farsangdad

I am going to wait till after the holidays to quit, I am trying seperation exercises right now

0 Kudos
mfaith

My quit day is Feb. 24th 2010.  Any other tips besides exercise.  I have cut down alot since I joined the gym, sometimes I can go a few days without but cannot fully let it go.  I am a closet smoker and alone alot, so that's when I smoke the most.  Any suggestions would be helpful

0 Kudos
jina

Hello,

Well, I am just over 40 something and have attempted to quit several times.  I have a quit date once again and am determined this has to be it!!!!  I will check in to see how everyone is doing. 

0 Kudos
delighted

I'm preemptively joinging this group. I will be 40 in June of this year. I quit smoking on 2/8/2010 and am currently using Chantix.  I hope this community can help me stay strong in my quit (and allow me to help others, when I can).

0 Kudos

Hi everyone.  I am 40 years old.   I started using the Nicoderm CQ patch on Wednesday.  I had one cig Wednesday morning before I put the patch on for the day.  Did really well on it until Thursday night.  Took the patch off an hour before bedtime and had a cig.  However, the cigarette tasted so awful and made me so nauseated.  Put the patch on this morning and am doing great today with it.  I have only had one craving today so far and when I had it; all I could think about was that awful taste and feeling I got the previous night.    I'm sure that the patch is gonna work for me.    I've tried cold turkey, gums and lozengers and they just didn't seem to work out for me.    

Don't give up on quitting.  You may have to try several ways to quit before you get the one that is right for you.  Just don't give up!  

What I do to take my mind off of smoking and help with the healing part:  drink lots of water.  eat lots of oranges, take additional vitamin c supplements, get out and walk, walk, and walk.  if the weather is too bad to walk then I just walk in place while watching tv.  Caffeine really makes me wanna smoke but I can't give up my coffee so I am dealing with that with trident after i have coffee.  It works for me.    Eat lots and lots of fruits and raw vegetables to help your body heal faster. 

0 Kudos
delighted

Those are great tips, hippyjeepchick. I started doing some of those things, myself. I walk my dog once a day. I plan on adding  a "just for me walk" once my sleep schedule gets back on track (am on Chantix). I have been making sure to eat fruit 2-3 times a week. I am on day 38 now and the anxiety eating has passed (thankfully!).

Every day is another day we can mark off on our calendars.

0 Kudos
ks100207

How come the deeper I get into the forties, the more I dislike them..lol  Hurry up 50 I hear your the new 30's.....Hello

0 Kudos
anna64

Welcome to all you members!!!  I'm excited that we have 6 members!!  Can u plz leave a post Thanks

0 Kudos
anna64

How I would love to be 30 again with all the knowledge that I have now!!  That would be sweet!!!!

0 Kudos
larambarbosa

Hey buddies, I stopped yesturday. So this is new to me. I am using patches, and lollypops. 🙂 and exercise....

0 Kudos