cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

usoundgirl

Quitters in Their 30's

Hello, anyone there? I need some support- I quit smoking tomorrow the 3rd. I choose this day cause I will be very busy back at work hoping it will keep my mind off it. May day usually starts with two before work, and im able to go all day without till the damn drive home! Then its on, evenings are hard- I smoke frequently until i have to go to bed. Weekends and days off are the worst. Im about to be 35yrs old and have smoked for 15 yrs, this HAS to stop!! I want to have a child soon, and i need to be healthy. Any advice on how to make it through the first day?
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
112 Replies
Douglas

Good luck to everyone. "Those that quit smoking by 35 reduce their chances of having any health related issues develop* from smoking by 90%!" CDC.gov (I don't know how many times I say that at work every day....)
0 Kudos
jada

I'm on day 16, and I'm just so happy about it!! I stepped down to the 7mg patch 3 days ago and I don't feel any worse!! Good sign! The patch has really helped me with my cravings and not falling off the wagon!! I can't wait to go all the way off it though so I can be completely nicotine free! It is still really hard sometimes to not go out and get some smokes, but I just keep telling myself that if I do that I will be back to day one again! That means restarting my counter, and I just can bear the thought of that! I just love those counter clocks they really help me see exactly what I'm doing! Thanks for all the support!! Check out my page and add me as a friend, I need all the support I can get!
0 Kudos
luckysix

Hello. I just joined. I stopped smoking on 07/14 so almost two days. Douglas great info so me telling myself the damage is done is not going to work. I slowed down and counted each cig for about 2 pacs and have been cold turkey I have the gum to start but have not needed when should I except the must have can't live without. good luck to everyone Believe in yourself you can QUIT.
0 Kudos
tess

Hi everyone, I just joined EX and am so thankful that I found this support group. I'm just finishing up day 7 and last night was a tough one but I made it through thanx to this site!!! YAY....Good luck everyone
0 Kudos
kimmie2

Hi everyone. I just got to my 30's last week. I turned 30 on July 21st. My goal in my 29th year was to quit before I was 30. I did it. My last cigarette was 151 days ago. I will celebrate 5 months on Saturday. I decided to do this quit cold turkey because I tried a hundred times to quit with patches and gum and was always unsuccessful. This was my first cold turkey quit and I DID IT!! I wanted to join this group to hlep give some encouragement to others that you can do it too. Good Luck and congratulations!!
0 Kudos
rob4

Hello everyone.

36 years old and quit smoking 3 months ago (after 21 years of smoking). I quit cold turkey because I did not want to have anymore chemicals pumped into my body. It was hell for 1 month and half, but then it got easier and easier. Today I am proud to say that smoke bothers me, and have no urges to start again. I would like to say good luck to those who are taking the first step, and keep in mind that it will get easier.
0 Kudos
jada

It has been 11 weeks, 1 days, hours, and 40 min since I quit smoking!
  I have saved $170.69 to go on vacation instead of killing myself with smoking!
  I have refrained from smoking 546 cigarettes! Can't believe how nasty 546 cigarettes sound!
  And I have saved 4 days, 4 hours and 8 min. of my amazing life!!!
0 Kudos
anne-kothe

I just love it Jada....it has been 5 months, 2 days, 2 hours, 54 minutes since I quit smoking! I have saved $620.40 to also go on vacation (Vegas in October). I have refrained from smoking 3102 cigarettes - how gross (think about those in a jar)!!! and I have saved 15 days, 1 hour and 54 minutes of my life to spend with my two beautiful daughters. WOW, I look at these stats everyday on my phone but to actually type it out and think about what this means is AMAZING!!!
0 Kudos
jada

Way to go Anne! Keep going and stay strong!!
0 Kudos
julie47

Good morning 🙂
  Congratulations to all of you for going on this difficult journey. It has been 45 days for me. Your stories are inspirational, so, thank you. I began smoking about 14 years ago after a divorce. I never realized how my smoking was affecting not only my health, but the health of my daughter. It has not been easy to abstain from this addiction, but it has been well worth it. I can already feel the difference. Thank you all for taking this journey with me. The support matters so much.
0 Kudos