cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

temptation

Quitters in Their 20's

You are not kidding. I have stopped drinking for this first month of quitting smoking. Although I'm only on day 6 today not drinking has definitely hellped. I must spend AT LEAST 2 days a week meeting friends at a bar. I think the smell coming off smokers is repulsive enough to keep anyone from smoking.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
106 Replies
borisa

Hello all.  When you join, please state what school you are from and a little bit of your story.  I'll start.  I am Tony and I am a Buckeye.  I go to The Ohio State University.  I started smoking in college and I am ending it here.  It's realy hard for me with exams starting and work.  One day at a time.

0 Kudos
dodge315

I'm Sarah and I go to the University of Akron.  I started smoking in college-just a simple smoke when I drink kinda girl but it progressed when exams got tough and life got stressful.  I finally quit on January 15, 2011 and I need all the support I can get-so far I've chewed off all my finger nails and have actually dreamed of smoking several nights!

0 Kudos
borisa

Thank you for joining Sarah and thanks for posting!  I started smoking because a ton of my family smoked and I wondered what the big deal was.  Then I decided to keep it from them because I was embarrassed about it.  Don't be afraid to either come to this group or send me a message if you need help.  I will be happy to help you out.  I uit on December 5th, 2010 so I just passed 50 days.  I have had theose smoking dreams too... a few times.  It really sucks.  Good job on deciding to quit and God bless you and your path to a smoke free life.

0 Kudos
dodge315

Thanks for the encouragement Tony.  I'm really nervous for this weekend, as it will be my first trip out to the bars as a non-smoker.  Any advice? 

0 Kudos
borisa

Well... honestly I am not of age to go to the bar.  I am 19.  The only advice that I can give you is from my time going out to parties.  What I suggest is to keep that guard up and protect your quit.  Don't hang around the door as much as possible.  Stay away from any area that will smell like smoke.  Keep gun with you or focus on dancing.  Just do anything you can to keep your mind off smoking.  Take the body shots, but protect that chin.  Sorry for the boxing refereence, Friday Night Fights is on.  Lol.  Just take the cravings but don't let them take you.  My first party was fairly easy to not smoke.  You can do this!  Let me know how it goes!  May God be with you!

0 Kudos
dodge315

Just got back home Tony-and I did not smoke!  When I was walking out to come home, I had to pass thru the cloud of 2nd hand smoke and was SO grossed out-that used to be us.  My next big challenge is an exam on Thursday.  Hope you have a great weekend.

0 Kudos
borisa

That's great!  I'm glad you made it through that!  Yeah, I think smoke is terrible now.  It's amazing!  Good lcuk with your exam on Thursday and I'm glad you had a great smoke free weekend.  Congrats!

0 Kudos
dodge315

I would like to start a discussion on how to plan ahead on staying smoke free during finals week, but I don't know how to make a discussion or get anyone to post.  Help?

0 Kudos
renaldy

hola soy nuevo, y estoy de vacaciones pero pronto entro a la universidad nuevamente, y se lo dificil que sera encontrarme con los amigos, los bares, las clases, pero con este progama me siento bie, estoy seguro que no fumare. siempre debo pensar que un sorbo por pequeño que sea, es el comienzo del fin.

gracias. y espero seguir adelante.

0 Kudos
lolo1019

Hello Everyone! I am 23 years old and have been a smoker for 7 years. I am on day 13 (almost 2 weeks!).

0 Kudos