cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

temptation

Quitters in Their 20's

You are not kidding. I have stopped drinking for this first month of quitting smoking. Although I'm only on day 6 today not drinking has definitely hellped. I must spend AT LEAST 2 days a week meeting friends at a bar. I think the smell coming off smokers is repulsive enough to keep anyone from smoking.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
106 Replies
olivia131313

Hello, I'm 28 and I was a smoker since I was 15. This is around my 8th or 9th attempt to quit.

I went to my doctor and am now on the patch and lozenges. I have my list of reasons posted all over my apartment. And as I am writing, it is my second day smoke free.

I have been going through a lot of pretty major (positive) changes over the past year and a half and quitting smoking is high on the list. I finally feel like I am truly ready to be smoke free and am doing everything in my power to make it so.

I'm on this site for support and to help others through their quit. I do believe there is strength in numbers.

0 Kudos
beth102

hello  my name is beth im 27 and before this year i loved to smoke and wante to quit for my daughter but didnt have a strong enough will power i want a healthy life for me and my daughters and i want to quit so when i tell them i dont want them to smoke its not in their face my daughter even acts like she is smoking sometimes and it hurts me even more she is 4 and she does it in the act to look cool

0 Kudos
metallicanjc

Hey all, my name is Nick. I am 27 and have smoked consistantly since I was 12. Yesterday was the beginning of trying to un-do a 15 year habit. This has got to be at least my 6th shot at quitting. I have tried patches and gum and they just remind my mind and body of the nicotine I am missing. I have tried e-cigs but almost immediately I felt that method was hypocritical. I have tried chantix and was lucky enough to have the psychotic dreams that are side effects of the med. This time I'm cold turkey...not quite 24 hours into it and im losing my mind...pissed at everything, anxious for nothing.

0 Kudos
marie0991

Hello,

I am a full time college student who picked up smoking when I started college I want and need to quit because I am just wasting more money on it.

marie

0 Kudos
yankeefan9

i picked up smoking when i was a senior in high school. its time for me to quit. body feels it now. and my pockets. i know what you mean.

0 Kudos
aronbaugus

This secound day is killing me

0 Kudos

I am a college student who was recently medically retired from the U.S. Army and need to find others who are trying to quit and I can keep in touch with 

0 Kudos

Hello, I am Kayla, I have been smoking since I was 12 now 26. I am about to finish my last five credits to earn my transfer dergree and start at a university majoring in Psychology.  I have set a date for 1/16/14. I have been wanting to quit for the longest time and this time I believe I'm finally ready to rid myself of this very unhealthy habit. 

0 Kudos

Hello, I'm new here!

0 Kudos
lindseya239

Hello, I am 24 and just quit yesterday. 

0 Kudos