cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

temptation

Quitters in Their 20's

You are not kidding. I have stopped drinking for this first month of quitting smoking. Although I'm only on day 6 today not drinking has definitely hellped. I must spend AT LEAST 2 days a week meeting friends at a bar. I think the smell coming off smokers is repulsive enough to keep anyone from smoking.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
106 Replies
angie46

I have ahad a rough week. 5 months ago I quit smoking weed after 8 yrs of smoking it all day everyday. 2 months ago i quit smoking cigswell actually the 7th of feb will b 3 months. well now i am left with dealing with all my emotions i have cure with weed in cigs 4 all these years. I been really depressed and it seems like i dont have 2 much keeping me strong right now. I am really trying har i have really bad cravings and no1 2 talk 2 and it seems like when i need support the most i come 2 these groups and seems like i get no responce. Im really having a hard time and in a couple of these groups i let them have it 4 not being supportive but there seems 2 b more active people in this group more so than a group i found that has 60 members and still after 4 days no1 has gotten my smart ass post about how there is no support if nobody is going 2 look at anyhting people post. I thought the whole reason 4 this site was 4 support. Im not finding this site 2 b very supportive as 2 so far. Im really struggling here and i feel like giving up. I have become real bitchy and real depressed is any1 who quit smoking feeling the same way?

0 Kudos
emt088

Angie.. Im listening.. even if im only one person..  Im no where near having quit for the length of time you have.. im just cresting day 5 (!!!) but im doing ok with my journey toward being smoke free and not miserable with it.. You gotta stay strong! Giving up both pot and cigs sucks.. I know thats hard, but you cant give up. Youve come so far already! There must have been  reason you decided to quit everything all together. Stick with those reasons! Have you made a list of them? I did on the first day I joined here, and it has helped me when im feeling weak. You can do this! Its all mental at this point, no more physical cravings.. all you gotta do is just not smoke.. Its harder to phsically go out and get in your car, make sure you have your cash, drive to the gas station, buy cigarettes and a lighter, get in your car and light up.. versus just not smoking at all.. Thats my motto for myself when im feeling like hell and just want the comfort of a smoke... Its by way easier to not smoke. Just dont smoke.

0 Kudos
heatherco2010

So I haven't quit yet, my quit date is March 1st.   My reasons for quiting are written down and in my pocket.  In no particular order....

#1-Too damn expensive!

#2-They smell aweful!  I don't want to be the smelly girl!  🙂

#3-They're REALLY unhealthy.

#4-If I stay quit, I get to buy my dream car.

#5- If I ever have kids, I don't want them to be raised by smokers like I was.

#6-They make your teeth yellow, gross!

I'm really trying to come up with even more reasons.  Maybe others will post their reasons and we can all pull from each others lists? 

0 Kudos
angie46

heather how bout 4 our future health we dont wanna get cancer did u guys look at those youtube clips i put on here they r reasons 2 quit and stay quit.

0 Kudos
lesface

Angie--maybe try exercise...me and a couple other girls have been doing that, and it really helps to relieve stress big time, plus you get those feel-good chemicals in your brain. I went cold turkey, and i looked forward to my workouts everyday...i have a 2 year old, so i was loving the "me" time. i haven't been in about a week, my son and i both caught a cold, and i got shin splints from running too much,  but i'm starting back up tomorrow! even if you just start out walking, it will give you time to clear your head and get some fresh air, and if you end up out of breath, well it just might remind you of why you quit!!!

0 Kudos
angie46

yeah lesface I definatly need 2 start exercizing i gained 40 lbs since i quit smoking e

0 Kudos
lesface

Happy birthday to me! I'm going out for dinner and drinks, yayyy!! smoke free, of course!

Angie--you can do it! even if you just walk, you'll look forward to the stress free "you" time

Have a great weekend, everyone!

0 Kudos
angie46

Happy Birthday lesface and ty

0 Kudos
heatherco2010

Happy be-lated Birthday lesface!  I hope you had a great smoke free time out!  Thanks for the excersize tip!  We just got the Wii Fit Plus and I love the Yoga poses and the fun games.  I'm very competitive with my boyfriend so I try to have the top score at everything  🙂 .  Kills time and I feel great!  I've been writing in a journal to pass the few minutes here and there that smoking used to take up.  That is working really well.   I write down all of my feelings, no matter what they are (I'm the only one who reads it) and it really makes me feel better.  I'm creative by nature so I'm really trying to explore avenues in that area.

Keep the strength all you 20 somethings, we can do this!

0 Kudos
heatherco2010

ohhhhhhhhh yah..... I have found that getting on the computer to do, well anything at all, is one of my triggers.  So, I may not respond to you right away but I will eventually.  Bear with me here, while I'm trying to get a handle on all of this.  🙂

0 Kudos