cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

temptation

Quitters in Their 20's

You are not kidding. I have stopped drinking for this first month of quitting smoking. Although I'm only on day 6 today not drinking has definitely hellped. I must spend AT LEAST 2 days a week meeting friends at a bar. I think the smell coming off smokers is repulsive enough to keep anyone from smoking.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
106 Replies
chynadawl826

Hi all! I attempted to quit probably almost a year ago, and failed the first time I went out drinking. I got my tooth pulled out on Tuesday the 19th, and was told not to smoke to avoid dry socket. Since then, I haven't had the urge.. I really don't even miss it. Wish me luck!!

0 Kudos
magmar

Hey guys!

I hope everyone is staying strong through the weekend! I caved and went to the bar last night, but didn't smoke! Though about it long and hard, so i removed myself from the situation. I'm going out again tonight with some friends, but they are all non-smokers, and i smoked maybe 1 or 2 when i visited them and WAS smoking, so i'm confident that tonight will be great! Thanks for all your support, I dont know what I would do without you guys! Hope you are all having a great weekend, and staying strong!!!

❤️

0 Kudos
angie46

ok ty lesface

0 Kudos
angie46

I spent most of the day on the computer 2day. I had some real bad cravings 2day and just sat here and chewed straws. usually when i have craving sitting here at the computer i would have went and done something else but an old friend found me and we were catching up. I couldnt just leave when we were in the middle of catching up and reminising about old times. Im threw it i didnt smoke. i still feel like smoking but the cravings rnt as bad now as they were earlier 2day. I have 2 just stay stong and not give in when it gets bad.

0 Kudos
big-islander

Aloha mai kakou....hope everyone has a great week! Stay strong. 

0 Kudos

Hi guys! I think it's awesome there is a group for our age group because it seems like there are just a ton of complicating factors. I started smoking when I was 20 and I have never really been able to kick it until December and then my grandma died and I started up again. It seems like drinking is going to have to be out of the equation for a while. Something too alluring about sipping on a Samuel Adams and smoking on the patio. I bet it will taste better once I've been quit for a while anyways! I'd also like to start training for a 5K and I just don't seem to have the lungs for it anymore. Good luck to all.

- Dana

0 Kudos
marley23

Set up this account in anticipation of quitting this BS habit. I will comence the full frontal cold turkey attack, on Feb 1st 2010. I wish luck and positive thoughts to everyone else that is on this journey of triumph over this terrible habit.

0 Kudos
x_reject_x

just wanna say i think its GREAT theres a group for 20's. and theres people who can relate to sum of your problems. i am currently undergoing dialysis.... waiting on my kidney transplant (hopefully this year) and i just generally need 2 get healthy... including NO MORE ciggerattes!!!

0 Kudos
emt088

ok, this is day 3 for me.. trying to get a decent bit under my belt before my 22nd birthday on Feb 3rd.. hoping to be able to drink at least a little with dinner that night. But in order to do that, i have to be extra strong right now and not relapse.. im almost through the phsical withdraw! I can feel the mental urge to smoke, poking and prodding me to get up and go outside when i let my guard down, then i remember that i cant. I QUIT. I hope this gets better soon

0 Kudos