cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

temptation

Quitters in Their 20's

You are not kidding. I have stopped drinking for this first month of quitting smoking. Although I'm only on day 6 today not drinking has definitely hellped. I must spend AT LEAST 2 days a week meeting friends at a bar. I think the smell coming off smokers is repulsive enough to keep anyone from smoking.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
106 Replies
kate41

Yay! I finally hit my week mark today! I'm not going to lie..this weekend was tough but i made it through without smoking. Hope everyone else is doing well!

0 Kudos
exl

Kate and I made it through Hell Week...and we're shoutin' it LOUD AND PROUD!!  If we can do it, anyone can!

0 Kudos
kate41

How is everyone doing?? I realized something last night while I was sitting on my couch trying to not think about ciggarettes... Its kind of amazing how when you smoke, time goes by so fast and its kind of like you're in a haze. Then when you quit smoking, you have more money, more time, and your senses start to come back...it's like I've been missing out on a lot of things because of the ciggarettes. Sounds dramatic, but it definitly has some truth to it.

I was talking to my friend yesterday about how much it costs for smokes. In So Cal, its like $6 and some change for one pack of smokes! Thats nuts! Paying money especially that amount of money each time you buy a pack of smokes, is in essence giving your money away to slowly hurt your body, lose your sense of smell, taste, and make others around you think you stink... Looking back on it.. what the hell was I thinking even picking up that first smoke?!

0 Kudos
temptation

I hear ya. It's 10 dollars a pack over here in NY. I agree my senses have been coming back. I specifically enjoy being able to sit in class or have dinner and not have my mind wander off to when I'm going to go smoke my next cigarette. I realize what a slave I was to cigarettes.

0 Kudos
temptation

Im on day 13 and have been feeling tired the past couple of days. Does anyone else have this going on?

0 Kudos
big-islander

That's so true...ciggz are $9 in Hawaii. I don't know why I continued to smoke. I'm saving so much money. It's still super hard to resist though... It's so funny because I smoked when I was happy, sad, neutral, etc. I now am learning to deal with all my emotions and not let smoking control them.

I have not been feeling tired but actually more energized. 

More power to everyone today and to come. 

0 Kudos
kate41

Day 8 for me and I'm feeling more energized the last couple days, but in the beggining I was definitly tired a lot. Maybe it comes in waves? Hang in there, I'm sure it will pass.

$10??? Holy crap! I could not imagine paying that much. They just raised it to over $6 here and I thought that was crazy.\

Hopefully the more they raise the price, the more people will begin to quit..

0 Kudos
lesface

I see everyone's still doing well 🙂  yay! I made it to day 8, it feels good! Temptation, I'm doing the same thing as you...I quit drinking for awhile, because drinking and smoking go hand in hand for me and that's what made me start smoking every other time I tried to quit....so don't worry, you're not the only one not drinking! And it is a good thing, quitting smoking is the most important thing to me right now and I will do whatever I have to do! Good job, everyone!

0 Kudos
temptation

-Lesface- The not drinking has helped a ton. Mostly because I don't make many if any rational decisions when I'm drunk. This not smoking thing has been great though. I feel like I have more time to think about other things. In addition, I have more energy in the gym. My heart feels great, teeth are whiter, breathing easier. What can we do when we go back to drinking? Especially that alotof my friends smoke and I'm going to have the biggest urge to smoke. Day 8 thats fantastic your cravings should be gradually diminishing by now. Before you know it you'll be at one month saying I quit rather than I'm trying to quit.

Good job everyone. We have another weekend approaching.

0 Kudos
jnamrefiel

Well its still only like 5.60 for a pack of reds here in Tulsa, OK.  I have not quit yet myself but have my date set!

0 Kudos