cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Quit smoking and vaping 34 days ago and not feeling so great

Hi Everyone,
As you can see it’s been 34 days since I stopped smoking (the green stuff to be specific) and vaping, which feels great to say, I had switched from smoking cigarettes to vaping about 5 years ago and have tried to quit vaping on and off unsuccessfully in the past, but I believe my change in mindset is going to keep me from doing it again, lots of ups and downs for sure but I never slipped up this time around, I think that was due to having the patch for a time and change of how I approached it mentally also pledging helped tremendously but  anyway…

I have been feeling pretty crappy, I wake up in the morning and feel a little out of breath, heart rate is a little high, am coughing a lot in the mornings, it seems like each day a tiny bit of gunk comes up but not as much as I’d expect for how much coughing I’ve been doing and I’m just still so tired.I’m trying to become more active, like long walks outside or on the treadmill with a little jogging, I’m making sure to make healthier choices in my diet as well, lots more fruit/veg and trying to drink a lot more water just general self care things too and I guess I could feel worse but the issues I mentioned are concerning me a bit and just want to know if it’s normal because I would think after a month and some change things would be better, I don’t know.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and your quit is going well. 

Labels (1)
4 Replies
Akramer0

Have you ever heard of Post Acute Withdrawal Syndrome? You might have it. I know I get it too. It’s hard but I find it gets a lot easier after about 6 months.

I never actually heard of Post Acute Withdrawal Syndrome until now but reading up on it, it it definitely sounds like what I’m experiencing. Thank you for taking the time to reply and inform me of this. 

Snowdoggie

@littlesunshine6 You could look up "Smokers Flu." We are not doctors and if you have concerns you should consult with your doctor to be safe. Congratulations on your 34 days!! That's fantastic!🚭

Thanks for that @Snowdoggie , I’ll definitely look up “Smokers Flu” 

0 Kudos