cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

smashlemmons

Quit day - tomorrow 9-16

My official quit day is tomorrow. 9-16-19. I’ve been planning for two weeks. 

I starting smoking at 18 and smoked a pack a day until I was 32. I quit by switching to e-cigs (what they were called before vape)! I’m ready to quit nicotine forever. I’m prepared. I’m scared. I’m excited. I’m anxious. I’m here for support.

I welcome ALL supportive thoughts and ideas. I’ve made my list of reasons to quit. I’ve made a rewards calendar. I have a long list of things I can do instead. And I’m still scared because I know it’s going to be harder than I can prepare for. Send the positive vibes! 

Tags (1)
26 Replies
smashlemmons

Wow! Thanks everyone! I made it. End of day one.  

indingrl

BEAUTIFUL YOU NON SMOKER

smashlemmons

Yayyyy! Thanks Indi! Day 2, here we go. Hoping it’s just a tad easier than yesterday was. Nicotine addiction is no joke! 

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Big congrats on your first day smoke free.   

Image result for moving congratulations images

Barb

smashlemmons

Halfway through day 2! Phew! I’ve got this

Barbscloud

Yes you do.  Be so PROUD of yourself;   I know I am.

Image result for proud word pic

Barb

smashlemmons

Thanks Barb!!!! 

The coughing has started

Court2Knee

smashlemmons‌ I just wanted to check in and see how you were doing. What are you doing to keep your mind occupied and curb your cravings? Try some cinnamon gum, cinnamon toothpicks, games, walking, and deep breathing. 

smashlemmons

Thanks! It’s Day 5! Over 100 hours quit. Getting easier. Using therapy putty, tea tree toothpicks, knitting, puzzles, deep breathing and peer support. My drive home in the evening is the hardest. I welcome ideas for then!

Barbscloud

Big congrats on 5 days.  Now you KNOW you can do  this.  

pastedImage_2.png

Barb

0 Kudos