cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Fresher1

Quit day today!

Today is the day! Anyone else quitting today? I haven't decided if I'm gonna run up and get some lozenges. Thinking cold turkey is best. No more expense. 

48 Replies
akerwin10

So far so good. Going through packs of gum daily right now lol

0 Kudos
Fresher1

I'm hanging in there too.  Using the nicotine lozenges....one every couple hours.  I sure want a cigarette...but Like someone said....not one puff ever!  I'm making this quit work this time!

Edited by Mark‌ to remove email address

0 Kudos
Angie-Lah

Have at it! You can do this! The time is going to pass anyway, you might as well spend it quitting  

elvan

This is really exciting, to see all of you quitting and supporting each other at the same time.  You can share what you are feeling and celebrate your victories together.  We are all here to help in any way that we can.  Remember NOPE, Not One Puff Ever!  That was my mantra after smoking for 47 years.  I have been free for over three years!

Ellen

Lulu04

Congrats!  I too quit yesterday.  I have thought about it for a long time, even the television commercials were making feel bad for smoking.   When I had a friend post her 100th day of not smoking I knew I could do this too.  I ordered a non nicotine product from Amazon and decided to give it a try.  I'm not sure if the product helps or I was simply determined to quit (I have quit in the past - 40 year smoker).  I feel as though it has been too easy, I'm waiting for the cravings to start.  I wish all of you great success!!!! 

Fresher1

I'm getting ready to go into my job which is good because that's 4 hours of no smoking.

Holly

Lulu04

How are you making it?  I sure do hope it is going well for you!!

0 Kudos
Fresher1

Hi. Feeling grouchy. Wanting to smoke. Almost started thinking this is a bad idea but stopped myself. I want to quit smoking. I have quit smoking. Tomorrow is day 5 already! Gotta make it thru tonight still. I did wake up at 3:00 in the morning. I guess my sleep is off some. Going on a camping trip with a bunch of people this weekend.....smokers....won't be the easiest. That's about all for now. Hopefully this mood passes.

Holly

0 Kudos
Ready2021

Holly you can do this we both can I'm only 9 days I need you like you need

me

0 Kudos
Lulu04

Day by day, hour by hour or minute by minute if you need to....you've got this!!!!