cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Alicatsam

Quit day today. Eek!

Just quit today. Last cigarette 11am. Was smoking about one every hour. Super anxious. I feel more awake than usual, kinda jacked up. Not the kind of energy that leads to getting chores done.

I quit for my dog. Ironically, he is in daycare because I had a job interview, and I don't want to pull him out early from his favorite place. So I have no focus to get me through.

Happy to have found this site.

I have a lifetime of depression and anxiety issues. Had some good counseling and meds. Got puupy, dropped meds. Puppy is far more effective.

I miss my dog very much today. Normally, I'm happy if I know he's happy. Which is why I'm letting him have his nearly weekly visit with his favorite sitter and her dogs.

I'm also concerned about being able to sleep tonight and wondering how bitchy I'm going to be at work tomorrow.

15 Replies
anaussiemom

It is okay!  If you do not sleep you do not sleep. 

I resemble  your life/ Of course I am not you. ❤️ I have  no puppy though  A large pain in the butt though and  My cats relax me a lot with their purrs.

One moment at a time

Blessings sent your way

Kim

Cameree

I pray that you will make it through this day and the rest of your life. I know you feel as tho you have lost your best friend but believe me cigarettes do more harm than good. Keep pushing don’t look bad and move forward you’ll get there. 

elvan

Welcome to EX, best friends don't point guns at our heart and lungs...ENEMIES do.  I hope you are doing alright, after smoking for 47 years, I have been smoke free for over five thanks to the support from this site.   You have gotten some great advice already.

Ellen

Andstillirise

Congrats ! You’ve taken such a big step ! You can do this . You probably won’t sleep well and you might ( probably ) will be bitchy but so what ??? 

Quitting is worth it ! 

Im only 26 days out so I have no magic advice but , you can do this !!!!

Alicatsam

I don't think there's any magic advice. I really appreciate your support, and everyone's support. Thank you!

And I really like your screen name. Took me a while to figure it out, I've been somewhat discombobulated since quitting.

JACKIE1-25-15

How was your first day smoke free?  You are absolutely correct there is no magic advice, no matter how long we have been quit.  Quitting depends on you.  Whether you are willing to do whatever is necessary to be free.  Welcome to EX.  You have come to the right place for support in quitting smoking. The best way to quit is to prepare and plan how you are going to go about your quit. Have you done that?  My EX Plan | BecomeAnEX and review the videos and tracking also learn what your triggers are so you can better prepare for the urge to smoke when it happens.  I am a firm believer that education is the key to a successful quit.  I was advised to read Allen Carr's Easyway to Quit Smoking which can be found on pdf on the web.  Another good site to get info which was very helpful to me is  www.whyquit.com.  There are several articles to read.  Nicotine 101 and Freedom From Nicotine My Journey Home.  To get help on navigating the site go to. Community Help‌.  Make quitting smoking your number one priority. Start by getting rid of anything associated with smoking such as ashtrays, lighter, etc.  You can do this if you make up your mind that you can.  Relearning your thinking that you do not have to smoke is a good beginning. For a while, you will think about smoking but that does not mean you have to act on it.  You can talk yourself out of smoking.  No matter what never ever take another puff.  NOPE.  Take smoking off the table as an option and do something different. 101 Things to Do Instead of Smoke SINAO smoking is not an option.  That is NOPE concept Not one puff ever. Be willing to do the work.  Quitting is the easy part.  Staying quit is work.  Learning to protect your quit will keep on your journey forever freedom. One day at a time.  Never give up, never give in. Hang tough Stay Close.