cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

andrew3

Quit day is tomorrow

I really am nervous. I did all the steps, and have all my supplies. However i am nervous because tomorrow is my work day. I drive in my car for about 3 hours during the day, and the two people I have to drive around are smokers. I am nervous when I see them light up I will want to also. Yes I have already told them there is no more smoking in my car. I still know seeing them will make it hard for me, because the cigarettes will be near me all day long. Any advice to stay clean on my first day. Yes I purposely picked the hardest day for me to quit as my quit date. I guess to see how my self will power really it. Did I end up setting myself up for failure?
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
anna12

Congrats on your decision to quit and no I don't think you set yourself up. You did the right thing telling them no smoking in your car! That prolly took a lot to do! I personally am using the patch and have very good success with it! I've made it 7 days now! And I live with a smoker so the temptation is there for me as well, but I take it day by day and sometimes hour by hour! I wish you all the best in a successful quit and remember YES YOU CAN!

ENJOY A WONDERFUL SMOKE FREE DAY!

=0)
0 Kudos
linda8

Hi Andrew, You did pick a hard day to quit, but truly any day is a hard day to quit. You just need to be sure and stick to you guns and DO NOT LET THEM SMOKE in you car. When they go out to smoke, try not to be with them. I live with a smoker and we have never smoked in the house, we always went in the garage. I have been avoiding the garage for 17 days now. Every day does seem to be getting easier. Also be sure to find something else to do with your hands. Good luck on day 1. Remember Yes You Can!!!!!!
0 Kudos
andrew3

thanks guys. I think I can about five months ago I quit for a month. I didn't have any support however and fell into my old habits. I used the patch twice to quit. It worked for me when I was sucking on lolly pops. I am going to try the lozenges this time, and mint flavored tooth picks.
0 Kudos
anna12

That sounds like a good plan! I had never used the patches before so that's why I tried them this time. Something you can also do with your hands is to take a straw with you. It worked the first couple days for me as to the habit of having something in my hands to replace the cig. Good Luck!

=0)
0 Kudos
andrew3

yea my problem is more with the cig in the mouth. I don't really have the hand issue lol. Wish I did so my girlfriend would stop telling me to just find a guy hahaha.
0 Kudos
edith2

ANY day is a good day to quit smoking. There are no bad days. Focus on anything but smoking. It will be hard, but your effort will be well worth it. You're ready to do this, that's why you're here. I believe you can successfully quit.
0 Kudos
edith2

hahahahahahahaha! as if.......
0 Kudos
corina2

You'll be okay!!!!!!! Just do it! Remember, you picked it to test yourself. I have won and failed my own personal tests. But remember, if you learn something, it is never a failure!!!!
0 Kudos