cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Hiker

Quit date tomorrow Feb 1

Ok here I go one LAST time.

1. After smoking for 46 yrs, Quit for 3 yrs. Started again for 2yrs.

2. Had 6 cigs a day. I can tell you the exact time each day.

3. Would quit cold Turkey for 1 month then start again. Would quit for a week then thought I'd just smoke 1 week on , one week off. LOL that didn't last.

4. Used the patch and did well until I didn't have any and the store was out. So I bought a pack of cigarettes. 

5. I cant breathe well, cough, difficulty walking stairs and cant keep up with the hiking group.

DONE!!  I bought ALL the patches I'd need so I dont run out. Have plenty of chew toys, have set plans on what to do to beat the crave. I even changed my phone screen saver to a picture of a person using a portable oxygen tank!! Just to remind me of what's ahead if i dont quit NOW.   Plus using this site and all the information it has. So here i go......THE LAST TIME!!!!!

15 Replies
Barbscloud

Welcome Hikers.  Sounds like you're prepared this time.  Education and preparation are the keys to success.  Stay close to the site and reach out.  The support you'll receive here will make all the difference.  Congrats on you final quit.

Barb

Barb102

I have very good feeling about your quit. Welcome. We are here for you

0 Kudos
maryfreecig

Welcome to Ex. Thanks for sharing your smoking history and quit. Congratulations on your decision to quit.

0 Kudos
shashort

Hello welcome to EX!  This is a great support group and we are here to help anyway we can.  I agree with the others above me education and knowledge is a must to learn how to fight off the Nico Dude.  Read read and read!!  Today was suppose to be day 1 how did ya do?

0 Kudos
elvan

Welcome to EX...here's hoping that your day one is now a day WON!  Read everything that has been advised and know that we all started where you are.

Ellen

0 Kudos
Lavender12

How it goes? 

0 Kudos