cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

kuki

Quit date set for New Years Day.....

Hi everyone, I'm new.  I know it sounds cliche, but yeah, I'm gonna try to quit again and make it my New years resolution.  I tried a couple months ago, with hypnotherapy and it was UGLY.  You see, I'm 40 now and have smoked since I was 14.  I lasted 8 days.  Although I felt so much better physically, I was an emotional wreck.  I'm a single full time working mom, with a very stressful job and a long commute.  UGH.

Nice to meet you guys and hope see you around!!  Happy holidays!!!

0 Kudos
10 Replies
pagosa

Hi, I am a single mom also with my own business that is very hard and n ot as much work as I need.  I am trying to quit smoking on New Year also.  Wish mw luck...Cris

0 Kudos
pagosa

Hi, I am a single mom also with my own business that is very hard and n ot as much work as I need.  I am trying to quit smoking on New Year also.  Wish mw luck...Cris

0 Kudos
froggy2

hi im froggy and im married with 5 girls. they all r teens. my husband is a semi driver so hes never home. my quit day was xmas day and i gave in. so now im practicing doing with out and today was my best day yet. so now ive made my quit day new years ,may be sooner if i keep having days like today. i woke up and waited 7 hrs befor i lit up and thats the first time i did that. so proud of myself. so good luck and take it hour by our and day by day... good luck and stay on this site its very helpful...

0 Kudos
lauderhill

Hi IM new to this site as well I really want to quit. Im a nurse and I see the effects of years of smoking (not pretty) I dont know what day to try New years never works for me. I pray this will help wish me luck.

Steady

0 Kudos
el-fuerte

I also have the same goal set. good luck!!

0 Kudos
jojomart76

Here's to a smoke free 2010!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
100-times

Me too-I'm quitting on New Year's Day!

0 Kudos
jnc1205

Hi, I too am new at this but been smoking way too long and should have quit years ago.  Actuall I did but would go right back to it.  Now may be too late but going to try it anyway.  Quit date is Feb 1.  Good luck to all.

0 Kudos
kathy86

I to am new to this site. I really want to stop this time,so I am looking forward to everyones help. I stopped 25 years ago   and 4 years  started again. So now it is time to stop again.  Look forward to helping and being helped..

0 Kudos