cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

DonnaMarie

Quit date looming

Looming makes it sound so ominous. October 1. That gives me time to figure out how to use the message board system here. 

0 Kudos
15 Replies
YoungAtHeart

Go on, and on and ON if it helps to cement your intent (poet and don't know it??!!!)!  Sometimes it's important to formalize our thinking, to better go back and commit to it over and over if necessary.

I'm glad you're here and are doing the prep work; it's important!

Nancy

Mandolinrain

Welcome Welcome, read read read....and when you think you read enough...read more to suceed

old blogs, new blogs, yes every blog will do

Read them bright and early or at night with vegetable stew

Hey, we try to have fun here.   Glad your here, stick around...oh and did I mention 

READ READ READ?????

0 Kudos
DonnaMarie

You suggesting that I read? Oh yeah, there's the message. I will read it in a house, I will read it with a mouse, I will read it here and there, and I will read it anywhere. Not sure about with vegetable stew, but will try to take the advice from you, how to/why to quit it's true, will be soaked up by reading too!

Mandolinrain

AWESOME! You nailed it!!! Hot diggity dog, we got us a real one here....shes gonna go all the way with us! I knows what I knows, what I know!!!

ps- vegetable stew is very very good  and good for you !....not like those green eggs and ham things,lol

DonnaMarie

I'm several chapters into Carr's book. I now wonder why I smoke. I know the answer, but the wondering is good. I like the concept that I'm missing nothing by quitting and gaining everything. I'm considering moving my quit date up to join the party earlier, but for today, the quit date of October 1 stands. This is my third time using Carr's method of cold turkey quitting and I know it will work. It's up to me now. Having a smoker living in the house is an additional challenge, but it's one I can face and deal with. What will be tough (and I will ask for an assist if needed) will be riding in the car with her. Maybe I'll take over the driving for errand running!

The main thing today is my plan is still firm. I will be a quitter.

Roller831

notquittinggaining.png

This is the one time in your life being a quitter is the best thing in the world!!!

0 Kudos