cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

suz9

Quit Yesterday / Looking for Quit Buddy

This is my second attempt at quitting! I tried a few years ago but it didn't work out. I've been smoking for about 15 years and i'll turn 29 in July.  I decided it was time to quit!!  The time is soon approaching when I would be smoking more than HALF MY LIFE and I don't ever want that to happen. I want to have more non-smoking years than smoking years. 

Smoking is just a stupid habit. I loved it for a while but it just doesn't make me feel good anymore. It makes me feel horrible!  

Another reason why I'm quitting is I've been having some shortness of breath.  It might be something I need to check out with a doctor, but i've had mild asthma in the past. I'm hoping that's all it is. It sure makes quitting easier. That, and the tingly gum 😉 

Day 2 and I'm not entirely miserable. Smoke free yesterday with 3 pieces of gum. I've have 1 piece today. I'd go for a run if there wasn't so much snow! We really got dumped on this weekend in VA.  

Hit me up on AIM if you're looking for a "Quit Buddy"... my screen name is wecantaffordthat.  

WE CAN DO THIS!

`Suz

0 Kudos
1 Reply
aaald

Hi Suz, My name is Alana I am on my pc quite often and have just registered for this program. I know what it is like to need a buddy. My e-mail is alana_ladd@yahoo.com  and I know how to get into that but as for reading anyones responses on this I have not figured it out yet. But I will. I'm just an old lady who wants to quit this bad habit. Thanks for the shoulder. Hope to talk to you again soon.

0 Kudos