cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

awc1989

Quit Smoking Today one of my many attempts wish me luck.

I actually had fully quit cold turkey back in 2012 before that had smoked for like 6 years, then started back up smoking again mid last year in june little by little got back into my old smoking habit again smoking about a pack to a pack and a half a day im 29 now will be 30 this friday my wife still smokes and all of my friends smokes which makes it tough my mom smokes her boyfriend and so on the list goes on under lots of stress each day tried quitting like 4 to 6 times now and have failed.

17 Replies
Aew1031

Please, please, please do quit and don’t let those around you deter you from your goal!  You are young - if you don’t quit now each year will get harder and harder.  You’ll be so proud of yourself.

Lauralives

You can be the example of success but don't put so much stress on yourself either.  Sending positive energy your way!!

Jennifer-Quit

Rather than luck, I wish for you willingness to go through a little discomfort in order to get to a better place.  Ask your family and friends to not smoke around you and to not leave their cigarettes around to tempt you.  Best wishes to you - this is a decision that you will not ever regret!

Barbscloud

Welcome to the Ex.  You've already gotten lots of good advice.  Just know that you can do this.  If you need help reach out.  We're hear for you.

"Luck is great, but most of life is hard work." Iain Duncan Smith

Barb

elvan

Quitting is not an event, it is a journey, one day at a time.  You can't make it go any faster but you can make it a whole lot easier on yourself by preparing yourself.  Read everything you can about this addiction, make a plan, seek the support from this site and take the advice offered.  This is not about luck, it is about commitment.  You CAN do this and we will help you in any ways that we can.  Remember OldBones-Larry‌'s advice "One step, and then another, will get you to where you want to be."  Stay close to the site, read blogs, reach out, we are here, we want you to succeed.

Ellen

anaussiemom

Not sure if this was put up.   It is important though

Quit Kit aka Tool Box

awc1989

Hugs

ash2lar

My mantra is- "Smoking doesn't make anything better." Think about you'd feel after you smoked another cigarette- awful. Like a failure. Makes your breath and clothes smell.

I'll be quit 3 yrs. next month. 7 months after I quit, my sister died. The first of us 7 kids- I'm the oldest. She was number 3. Heart failure, and she was still smoking, with a motor in her chest! The stress of that was awful for all of us, but after I got through it, I thought if I can get through that without lighting up, I can tackle anything.

It doesn't make anything better.

elvan

ash2lar  It is so good to hear from you and what great words of wisdom you are offering.  I know it has been a while but I am so sorry about your sister.  I have not yet lost a sibling and I cannot imagine how I will handle it but I KNOW it won't be by smoking.

Hugs,

Ellen