cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

dlr

Quit July 12

So here I sit with my patch on trying mightily not to bite someone's head off. Saturday and Sunday went ok, today I'm a tad grumpy. Like everything else I'm sure it will pass. Just needed to vent for a bit.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
connie2

Hang in there!!! I quit on at 7pm on 2 July. I'm 13 days and 25 minutes into my quit. It's the first several days that are the hardest. Yes, those urges will pass. Follow the instructions on the patch. I tried using the patch but it didn't work for me. By the time I got to the 7mg patch, I gave up. That was about 6 years ago. This time I went cold turkey. I'm actually starting to feel better. Getting past the triggers and past the things you enjoy with a cigarette can be tough.
0 Kudos
dlr

Thanks for the encouragement, really appreciate it. I quit the first time around 15 years ago and did it cold turkey. That's what scared me so much about quitting this time. I had a pretty rough time doing it without any help. The patch is helping me ok. Good Luck if you've made it past 10 days you're well on the way to success.
0 Kudos
shonna

Are things getting better for you?
0 Kudos