cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

mike-v

Quit 0 days 9 hours....

It may not seem like much, but from a pack a day smoker this is huge i think...I usually smoke like a chimney at work...I'm a production supervisor / Software engineer...Usually while waiting for programs to load, i go and have a smoke...Well It's unbearable today and I feel weak....But i'm still smoke free, I can't believe it....I'm sort of proud of myself but still a bit scared for tomorrow.... Oh well back to smashing my hand with a Hammer!
0 Kudos
6 Replies
jennie3

You can do it!!! SMILE,BREATH!
0 Kudos
Giulia

Chimney is now sealed up. Whadda ya scared of, huh? You've already put almost a whole day in. You know what it feels like now. That's it. It doesn't get any worse from here, it only gets better. So there's no reason to be scared any more. You're doing it. Keep the lid on the chimney is all. And if the Hammer ain't strong enough, get a sledge!

Part of your cheering section,

Giulia (2 years 5 mos +)
0 Kudos
hwc

Oh well back to smashing my hand with a Hammer!

That's a new way to get through a crave! I bet it would work, too! And, here I was embarrassed because I took it out one night on a poor salad spinner!

Just keep doing what you are doing. Use the very real accomplishment of getting thru one hour as motivation to get through another hour. Pretty soon, you can use the first day as strength to get through the second day because you've already proven that you won't die if you don't smoke for a day.

String three of 'em together and you'll start to feel some improvement. It's miserable, but it is temporary!

Keep up the good work!
0 Kudos
barbara42

HANG IN THERE AND SHOW NICODEMON THAT HE HAS NO CHANCE BECAUSE YOU WILL OVER COME. PEACE!
0 Kudos
mike-v

Lol...I love reading the comments...They are funny and really cheers me up while at work...Anyways..im still hanging in there... I never drink Soda but trying out Diet Dr. Pepper as some substitute. I'm trying to change things up a bit... Afterall becomeanex is about relearning right? So I am pretty much not speaking to much people, that way no stress can come up.... Well, I still feel like I'm going to die.... Feeling weak as if kryptonite is right next to me...I'll hang in there..

Thanks again for your support guys and gals...!
0 Kudos
SaraSmile

9 hours IS HUGE! This is a fun and informative place! I love it here and come here often!
I remember not being able to sit down in the beginning! I couldn't sit in my "place" on the couch, had to change my routine a lot.....but I got through and so will you! It WILL get better and is sooooo worth it!
Take care,
Sara
27 days!
Prosper in peace
0 Kudos