cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

redluvr

Question for long-term quitters

For those who have quit for longer than a year:  Does your quit date mean anything to you? Do you do anything special to reward yourself or otherwise think of that date in any special or different way(s)? 

26 Replies
indingrl

THANKS FOR ASKING AND YES YES YES YAHOOOOOOOOOOO - YES I SHARE MY STORY AND PRAISE MY SAVIOR AND LORD JESUS - THANKING HIM FOR SETTING ME FREE IN JESUS NAME AMEN HOORAY FOR JESUS IS MY PRAYER 

Sootie

I'm going to be the weirdo here who says that while I remember EVERY November that it is my quit month....and always remember the friends who quit with me in November 2009.......I did not remember the day this year. Only when I came on to the site was I clued into the fact that it was the ACTUAL day.

That is NOT to say my quit is not a big deal to me. This was one of the BEST decisions I ever made in my life and for my life. It is just that the further I get into becoming a non smoker......the less I count actual days. I just wanted you to know that because although the day will always be precious.......the fact that I spend most days completely free not only from smoking but from wanting and/or needing to smoke is much more precious to me. My life is now a smoke free life......and yours will be too.  You are not "only three weeks quit"......YOU ARE THREE WEEKS QUIT! YAY FOR YOU!. Celebrate any time you understand you are freeing yourself from a deadly addiction.

Stay Strong.

freeneasy

My quit date is important to me. I failed to quit on my original date but managed to quit for good two days later with encouragement of a friend. It’s important to stay positive. I felt good about myself because in those 3 days I smoked 7 cigarettes and I was a pack a day or more smoker. I  viewed it as an accomplished not a failure.

Giulia

JIM!!!!!  So great to see you.  I've been wondering where and how you are.  I miss you on here.  freeneasy

Sootie

Hi Jim!!! How are you? So good to see you on this site....stop being such a stranger! We miss you!!!

0 Kudos

My quit date was chosen with care - the first day of Spring! There was and is no way I'm giving up that date! It means so much for me!

0 Kudos
Gail561

Yes the date still important to me as well as I finally broke free from this addiction. 

It reminds me of all the emotion flip flops my brain has gone through.

0 Kudos