cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

virgomama

QUIT DAY TOMORROW

It happens tomorrow.  My journey into the non-smoking world.  My plan is in place and quit kit ready.  My main support will be this community and the knowledge I've gained here.

I've made the decision to start the quit with nicotine patches.  I've read lots of differing opinions on this.  Some of you used it some didn't and I considered both sides.  My choice is to use the patches.  My reasoning is to deal with this addiction in two phases.  The first phase will be to deal with all the triggers. I live with someone who is still smoking so that's a big one in itself. I figure the patches will give me time to get a handle on that before I deal with withdrawals too.

So this is it.  I'll be doing the daily pledge starting tomorrow a.m.

I'm a little nervous  and can feel my addiction talking

already.  But my motto is going to be N.O.P.E. I hope you'll all be there for me.  I have a feeling I'm going to need you.

29 Replies
virgomama

MThanks  for the reassurance Mommamich.I'm scared and excited at the same time.  My quit kit is ready.  I have my little sayings in my head.  N.O.P.E and I don't do that anymore.  The HALT (hungry angry lonely tired) . Guess I"m as ready as I can be.  I really want a permanent quit.

Posamari

You won't regret it! Keep your eye on the prize!

MistyNoMore

You can and will succeed!!!! Congrats on your wise choice!!!

YoungAtHeart

GOOD to see you!!!

MistyNoMore

Thanks! You too! Freedom is a beautiful thing!!!  

0 Kudos
Giulia

I echo Nancy - Great to see you!

Giulia

virgomama‌  How's it going?  You hanging in?  Don't you give up now.

katdharris63

Good for you for making the decision to quit. I'm very new to this too, today being my 3rd day free from smoking. I'm taking it one hour at a time. I'm cheering for you!

SaraCorinne

Related image

virgomama

Thanks so much!  Hanging pretty well right now.  Love the monkey. How are you doing on day 3?