Give and get support around quitting

michael26

Proud Quitters

Hello everyone! My quit date is Dec 1st so I need al the advice that i can get
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
173 Replies
johnny2

I joined here because of my wife. She is trying to quit smoking, I am looking for tips

0 Kudos
moben2

We r smoke free, so thats a good thing. I am 59 days smoke free. Congrats to us.........

0 Kudos
nomore39

New here and am 26 days non smoker and will fight to stay that way.

0 Kudos
missmagdalene

Thanks for starting this group!! I think we can all learn a lot from your experiences overcoming other addictions and that we definitely can tackle and overcome smoking together.

0 Kudos
aduff

I have been clean and sober for 27 years from alcohol, meth, heroin, morphine, etc., but wow the ciggarette battle has been the most difficult....I told myself 27 years ago that 1)drinking was not an option, 2) drugs were not an option, and 3) suicide was not an option.....well I finally said the same thing to ciggarettes......SMOKING is not an option!!

0 Kudos
joyous1

i quit drinking and drugging 19 yrs and 5 months ago and started smoking. Now, I think about why I quit drinking---because the pain and suffering became too great and I was not wanting to pay the price any more.

0 Kudos
shea4

Hey! We need posts regularly or perhaps I do!  I got clean, no marijuana, no cocaine since 2000. I was drinking 3 miller lites occasionally except I come to NA, Philly and I wanted since I was so broke to say no to beer.  I couldn't quit smoking forever!  I was trying to quit smoking since 2000!  It is too addictive. When I am lonely, I am an author, writer and poet, a very lonely profession, I smoke. My husband gets angry, somewhat whenever I smoke. I want to quit except I am so addicted.  I was on nicorette except my teeth are a mess from this nicorette. I only wish I could sue nicorette co. except I am a holy devout catholic as best I can do that. I want my true beauty returned! Can someone please help me qwuit smoking?  How about phone support?

Thanks! Thank you!

0 Kudos
landa

I overcame my drinking Im a recovering alcoholic 9 years but cant stop smoking and I need all the help i can get so I hope this group can help me

0 Kudos
jenchristy79

I started smoking at age 11 and started using drugs at age 14...  i started out with drinking and pot... as i got older i moved to lsd and cocaine...  then i moved to crack...  for about 12 years i did pain pills and right before i put myself into detox for the pain pills i was taking 20-30 percs and 8 dilodied a day... today i am 95 days sober and clean and i'm so proud of myself... today is also day 5 of not smoking....  whenever i've quit smoking before i can usually only last 1 to 3 days without smoking and this time i've gone a whole 5 days...  i love this website and everything that it has to offer...  thanks for makeing this group and i'll add more later....

0 Kudos
luisdeleon619

I've been smoking from 20- 21 years  my first cigarette it was when I was in a group home I start it was 1 pack a few weeks started buying more and more packs of cigarettes 2 I started being a heavy smoker. I didn't realize that I had a bad habit everyone telling me was too much

My fathers friend past away a few years ago from lung cancer due to smoking cigarettes.

Few years ago I try quit smoking with the nicotine gum plus the gum tasted nasty so I quit using the nicotine gum. so I decide  quit smoking  this year  

First day  quitting smoking 
  I decide  quit smoking  this year  because of my heath I was  spending lot money 
  I started quitting smoking on January   22,Tuesday 2013  at 1:45P.M afternoon  was  last cigarette I receive my step 1 of  nicotine patches 28 days 1 first day was rough without touching any kind cigarette product I woke around  4:42 am  morning  I was having a rough  morning.  it's been 17 hours without no cigarettes. 

0 Kudos