cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

kristie2

Pregnant Smokers

Is there anyone out there who is pregnant and trying to quit or has quit? I have cut down to 3 or 4 a day and want to quit all together but am having a hard time.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
amanda57

I am only about 9 weeks along but disturbingly, look more like I usually do in my 6th month! Hope there's only one in there and hope it's not like a 12 pounder or something...hell i'm only a 90llb girl and a baby like that would rip me end to end...anywho!
I have two little boys (7 and 2) who are my whole world. This baby was an unexpected surprise...meaning I've been on the depo shot since my 2yr old was 6 weeks old and never missed a shot or been late for one...and it's been a little difficult to get used to the idea that life isn't going to be what i had planned. I was done having kids after my last..or so i though...guess god had other plans for me though..smiles! It's okay I might not have had the drive to quit smoking if it hadn't been for my little surprise so he'll be known as the one who saved my life! This will definitely be my last baby...gonna get 'fixed' afterwards and I am hoping for another little boy..can't help it...never wanted girls...just LOVE my BOYS!!!
How's it going for you? Still struggling? What can I do to help?
Manda
(Hey you know, i spend so much time on this site talking about smoking it's kinda nice to talk about something else! smiles!)
0 Kudos
amanda57

The support i have received on this site has made ALL the difference in the world. Anyone you are willing to reach out to...is more than willing to help...and having encouragement and support DOES HELP!!
So here's to you baby girl
ENCOURAGEMENT!
SUPPORT!
STRENGTH!
GOOD WILL!!
LOVE!!!
Smiles
Manda
0 Kudos
kristie2

I so proud of you too !!!! I'm still smoking about 3 a day and can't seem to get past that mark. I so feel like a failure and I will never forgive myself if something is wrong with this baby. All my tests and ultrasounds say the baby is fine and her weight is good. She already weighs a little over a lb. My dr. said she thinks everything will be fine but I still feel like such a failure!!! I have to say I went from smoking about 15 a day to 6 and now I'm down to 3 or 4 a day. I guess that says something, but I still feel that I should be able to quit for my baby!!!! I'm so proud of you for quitting completly and I wish I had your strength. You truly are an insperation to me and I am so glad I got to meet you through this site. Keep up the good work!!!!
0 Kudos