cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

elvan

Posting in conversations and blogs simultaneously?

I just realized that I commented on a blog or a conversation that appeared in the opposite area later and, at first, I wondered if I actually posted it OR if my response was removed for some reason.  Is it advisable to cross post?  Isn't that confusing? Okay, it confuses ME!

20 Replies
elvan

Humanizing goes along with understanding and being able to figure out what we are supposed to be doing so we are all on the same page.

shashort

I thought the same thing Jennifer for the 9th discussion

0 Kudos
Sootie

I posted in three places in the beginning...as a comment, then in discussion and then in blogs....but it was the first week and I was not sure what was going on. Now that I understand the site, I wouldn't do that. It just takes some learning. 

As far as humanizing......I feel every day that we draw closer to being what we were on the former site. We can joke back and forth and I feel much more comfortable with the format. EXAMPLE.....this back and forth here is JUST LIKE on the message boards....as a matter of fact it's better because it may have been between Jennifer and Lori on the old message boards but here...Ellen was able to jump in, Sharon as well as me.  

0 Kudos
elvan

Good point Sootie.  I think it takes time and I was over a week behind when I got back from vacation.  It seriously was overwhelming but I think that if this was the site I came to in the first place, I would have been fine.  I could not figure out where to post anything at first but I know that if it's in the wrong place, someone will let me know so I am okay with that.

0 Kudos
Giulia

Based on the chatzy we just had, part of the  "humanizing" is  about how to simplify and make it easier for people to connect, to get that feeling of closeness back. So, crazymama_Lori‌ you're right as is elvan  .  And the more voices that can be heard, the better.  So please do participate.  Even if you just do so to listen.  Something said may spur a new thought in your brain to share and discuss.

I find it very confusing that there are duplicates in various areas.  I went and looked at the TristanNani posts (you gave  links to Lori) and on one, there's only one comment (from Ellen), on the other there are 13.... it's totally confusing.  If you commented on one version in one place and then try to find it again it's unbelievably frustrating.     

scha‌  "My assumption is that as each person develops their preferred method of communication, the double-posting will become less and less moving forward."  That's an assumption devoutly to be wished.  But new people are constantly joining the site.  So logic would dictate that they are likely to have to figure out their preferred method too with each joining, and double post until they do.  So it would never end.  And they'll continue to ask what happened to their post or their response, just like Ellen and others have done. 

One of the things I mentioned in the last chatzy was that because Jive has such a large number of ways to do things and different places in which to do them, it's like being in a mansion instead of a nice cozy, small house.  Fewer rooms afford an intimacy and closeness (psychologically), that a Hurst Castle simply can't.   

MarilynH

I'd love to see this format to change from a huge mansion into a nice cozy cottage on a lake which definitely should bring back that closeness again, I'll read something here and comment on it and decide to go back and check and see if it got more comments and not be able to find it and I find that really frustrating. Giulia and scha hopefully we'll get that close knit family feeling back.

0 Kudos

I'll give you a tip.  If you want to check to see if a blog has more comments, you can bookmark that item or you can under the activity pull down menu on the right-hand side select follow.  I'm testing a theory this morning on a blog to see if it will appear in the inbox if I just follow it or if I have to check the inbox or not.  I'll keep you posted

MarilynH

Thanks Lori, crazymama_Lori 

0 Kudos

What a mess! Now it doesn't feel like a mansion - it feels like a hoarders house! Good luck finding anything!

0 Kudos
elvan

Hahaha, Thomas.  It IS confusing sometimes.  I just don't need to go into ALL of the rooms, just like living with a hoarder.   

0 Kudos