cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Please help with answers?

I've coughed nonstop,

runny, stuffy, irritated nose, sore throat from coughing and runny eyes. So much so, can't wear make up, having trouble keeping up with daily tasks.....feverish at times, headaches and sleep issues. Is this all normal after quitting cold turkey, 5 months ago??

0 Kudos
21 Replies
YoungAtHeart

There are not a lot of folks here at midnight (EDT).  Hope you are checking back in today!!!

I agree with the others above.  It's not clear if you have had these symptoms for the entire five months, or if they are only recent?  I might be able to offer better advice if I knew.

Five months is GREAT!  Glad you are here.  Please tell us a bit more about yourself.  

Nancy

Daniela2016

Check it out with the Dr, you are too advanced in the quit for all the symptoms; maybe the insomnia, but all the respiratory issues, I'd have them check out!

congrats on 5 months, great job!

freeneasy

I'm onboard with the above answers. Never heard of anyone having these symptoms at any stage of quitting. Get professional medical help  

TW517

I'm having the same issues (except for the make up part) 5 months into my cold turkey quit.  It doesn't seem as bad as cold or flu, so I'm assuming allergies.  But I've never had allergies of any kind before.  Welcome to EX!  Hope we both start feeling better soon!

0 Kudos

I've heard they put cough suppressants in cigarettes.

The Secrets In A Cigarette : NPR 

0 Kudos
IrishRose

No; sounds like you have something else going on.  You should not blame your quit on what's going on so long after you quit smoking.  If you are running fever on and off, you have some kind of infection going on.  Go to the doctor, because it could be an arsenal of reasons your body is acting like it is. 

Oh, by the way, your mind loves to blame your quit ANYTIME something happens after you quit.  As you age, you can develop allergies, etc., that you never had before.  Be sure to let your doctor know you quit, because he will be so very proud of you, and you will have but yet another supporter in your quit corner.

Feel better.

(((hug)))

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

I was HUGELY unhappy that I developed allergies at 68 years old - but then decided to turn it around and be grateful I DIDN'T have them for the first 68 years!!!

😉

IrishRose

I was real lucky with good health throughout my "younger" years.  I started inching towards my late 50's, and bam, the tide changed quick.  Now, at 64, I am like an accident looking for a place to happen - tripping, falling, breaking bones, a lot of problems with arthritis and my eyesight.  I am NOT aging gracefully, I can tell you that.  I am going to go down fighting though.  hahahaha  

0 Kudos
minihorses

Sorry you're sick! After 5 months this is definitely not from stopping smoking. It sounds like cold/flu symptoms. If you don't feel better in a few days I'd call the doctor. Take care of yourself and I hope you feel better very soon. You are not alone here. When you need help the best thing to do is reach for one of us. You will have many hands to hold and I am willing to hold one even though I'm only on day 4 smoke free. 

0 Kudos

On Wednesday, November 1, 2017, minihorses <communityadmin@becomeanex.org>

0 Kudos