cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

arubablue

Please give me courage

so glad I found this site!  I quit years ago and made it through 4 years.  was a while ago, but I have to quit smoking! my date is January 1st, 2021.  going to be very challenging as my husband quitting at the same time.  omg!  Im scared because I remember how horrible I was the first 5 months last time..  will be using nrt, but it didnt really help to much last time.  Took me 1 year to get over it.  How can I become more confident

Labels (1)
29 Replies

our anniversaries are coming up again, along with YoungAtHeart‌ 's birthday.  She'll be another year young 😉

Bo_Sparks

I would say literally focus on one day at a time, one moment in time. I would do that to make this quit manageable. Don't focus on how hard it was last time- focus on how to stay quit TODAY, for the next 24 hours ONLY... nothing else exists. That helps keep our minds "right- sized", and not magnify how large problems seem to be. 

yesterday is history, tomorrow a mystery, all we have is...TODAY. For this 24 hours, I will NOT smoke.

Linn2331

You can do this! I mean 4 years! Already ahead of me. I am n day 9 after so many tries to quit! Then I found this page yesterday. I was on the brink of despair and all the encouragement! It really helped me not go and buy that pack. Better today. A bit scared to get overly excited but this page is helping! So proud of you and your husband! At least we are all in this together and trying! Success number ONE and we have those who are way ahead who have been where we are helping us along! 

0 Kudos
elvan

Linn2331‌ Wow, look at you! You are stepping right up & reaching out to help already!

arubablue‌ How are you doing? I quit so many times that l can’t count that high. When l came to this site almost 7 years ago, l was astounded at the support l got here. I came every morning & every evening & l read everything recommended, l read blogs until l couldn't see straight. I paid attention to advice that was offered & what was working for others. I smoked for a long time & l am paying a big price now, every single day. You CAN do this & it DOES get easier.

Ellen

Linn2331

Elan Ellen. Trying. I am only on day 9 but this place really gave me a rope to hang on to. I hope I am helping and not hurting. Lol. Thank you so much! Should I wait a bit first until I am further along??:)

elvan

Linn2331‌ you are helping, you are sharing & that is WONDERFUL! I am proud of you, seriously! Keep it up!

Ellen

Linn2331

Thank you. Maybe i should wait. Today is yuch already but started off good.

0 Kudos
elvan

Linn2331‌ Good days & bad days happen WITH or WITHOUT smoking. It really does not help anything.

Ellen

Linn2331

Elvan, I wrote that wrong. I meant maybe I should wait to try and start helping others through whe I am still only on day 10 and having issues. I did not cave and have a cigarette. Close but no, I hung on!

elvan

I didn’t think you did, l was afraid that l may have given you the impression that you had not been quit long enough & that was not what l meant to do, l meant to compliment you on jumping right in! You are doing GREAT!

Ellen