cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

virgomama

PRE-QUIT DAY 5

I've taken the advice folks have written on my previous conversation.  My house and my car are now smoke free areas.  I've had a talk with my partner and to my surprise he has agreed to the house being smoke free as well. 

Working on my reasons to quit, which, of course, makes me think of smoking, which makes me want one which frustrates the crap out of me which makes me think of my quit kit so I'm trying out the JUST BREATHE as I sit here typing.  I'm amazed at the maze of twists and turns my nicotine addicted mind has to throw me off my game.  And I haven't even completely quit yet!!!!!

So glad I've been reading a lot on this site because all of you have already prepared me for this happening.  These are the tools I was missing in my previous quits.  So frustrated as I am with my mind game I'm really glad to be putting to use some what I've gathered here. 

AAgh!!!BREATHE BREATHE BREATHE

11 Replies
karenjones

one of the things that you will have time to do, now that you will not be smoking,  and that no one will be smoking in your house is to do a house cleanse. Wash all the inside windows, all the curtains and vaccum any area rugs after sprinkling with baking soda and lavender. All of your sweaters and blankets and pillows and what ever you can wash should be washed. upholstery shampooed.  in the meantime, until you quit, like allan carr says, just smoke as many cigarettes as you want to.

virgomama

Your suggestions are added to my list. Thankyou.  I have to get Allen Car'rs book. It comesup a lot.

0 Kudos