cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

laqbana55

Overeating

I've been eating all day long I know I cant substitute food for cigs! What to do?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
20 Replies
laqbana55

Your story sounds a lot like mine! I'm going to pick up some frozen fruit

for snacks!

On Wed, Nov 28, 2018, 9:30 PM Tabbiekat <communityadmin@becomeanex.org

0 Kudos
Giulia

I've found Green Tea tends to really curb my appetite.  AND it's good for you.  The larger the cup, the more the tea, the fuller you feel.  Try it.  The flavored ones are good, but the regular non flavored tend to curb my appetite more.  I ate everything in site the first couple of weeks of my quit.  But they were mostly just raw vegetables.  Not too exciting, but carrots and celery sticks, etc.  do fill you up (give you that "needed roughage") and help to relieve that hand-to-mouth thing without a billion calories in the process.  Apples also will help fill you up and ease that gut gnaw.  Hold true to your commitment.

Bree19

Please explain green tea to me.  I've tried it often.  Is it supposed to taste like cooled down boiled water?

Am I buying the wrong kind, making it wrong?  Or just an EXcuse to go back to black tea?  I WANT to drink it...it just tastes blah!

0 Kudos
elvan

Bree19‌ I am not a fan but my family members all love it...I drank green tea for the first several weeks after I quit smoking because I was afraid that coffee might be a trigger.  When I thought about it, I realized that I never smoked inside and I never drank coffee outside so I went back to coffee.  I was only able to drink one cup a day after I quit...I USED to drink an entire pot.  My reaction to caffeine is entirely different now.

Tabbiekat

Green tea has less caffeine and a whole lot of antioxidants that are good for you. Me personally I just don't like it I know my friend makes it with the leaves - she said the tea in bags is awful, she also makes sure not to let the water boil, soft rolling bubbles at most and she told me to start by steeping it for 1 min 45 seconds taste it and then steep for an additional 30 seconds until I find the "right" balance for me. I just take a green tea extract capsule with my daily pills and drink lots and lots of water.

elvan

Tabbiekat‌ My son says he can make me like it but I have never taken him up on it...he does the soft rolling bubbles and the timed steeping.  

laqbana55

So true! I'm not a fan of green tea either. I don't want to give up my

coffee, I drink one cup in am and decaf after lunch and dinner. I have

cravings after meals and i think coffee helps!

Thai Tea for me!

0 Kudos
Giulia

They have green tea that is flavored.  Lipton makes an inexpensive, bagged one, but the finer tea companies make a wide variety.  Just google it.  The plain bagged green teas are rather bitter and I find that helpful for curing cravings - whether they be for cigarettes or food.

Does green tea make green pea? 

0 Kudos