cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

deb21

Over The Hill...

Well as of 09/16/2008 it's been 6 months since I've had a smoke!!! Actually it's been pretty easy....yes I think about them occasionally......there is a brief moment that I might like to have one....but then I think ....as I'm working at the bank...and people are sending in that tube thru the drive thru....they blow their smoke in it then send it thru....I smell that and think NOPE I don't want one that bad..it stinks!!! If any of you can get thru the first few weeks..then you start smelling the people that are smoking and boy that should wake you all up..."Did I really smell like that"?? Oh my....!!! That's when I want to wash their clothes...!!! I do not preach to any of the smokers..I didn't like it when non smokers preached to me....and I won't do it to them!! I've smoked I know what it's like to be addicted!!! Good Luck to you all...!!!
0 Kudos
4 Replies
polly2

LOL -- great post Deb! I was in the doctor's office not too long ago and an elderly lady came in reeking of smoke. It smelled so bad...I would have moved to another chair, but the waiting room was full! It's amazing how we don't notice how bad we stunk until we actually quit! PU -- no thanks!!
0 Kudos
polly2

PS Way to go on 6 months -- that is awesome!!! WAHOOOOOOOOOO for YOUUUUUUUUUUU!!!
0 Kudos
donna22

Congratulations Deb...I'm a couple of months behind you and loving every minute of being a nonsmoker....you're an awesome inspiration to me...
0 Kudos
jennie3

The smell yucko! When I crave I often remind my self of it lol ! 6 mo. rocks !
0 Kudos