cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

BobKatt22

One year quit.... almost

29 days from now, one year ago I smoked my last sicarette, I’m not bragging by no means but I feel really good about my quit. I never thought I’d get this far. March 1, 2019 was my first day of freedom. It has been a long road I will not lie, there have been MANY TIMES that I just wanted to throw in the towel and give o. To my addiction. But I just chose not to smoke. A friend of mine kept telling me to remember JFT and NOPE. I thought that it was easy for her to say she already had her year in and was working on her 2nd year, she couldn’t possibly understand where I was coming from. Well I know now that she knew exactly what I was going through!!!! Please if you are new to this or are thinking about quitting take it one day at a time, one moment at a time, one day plus one day adds up to 2 days, one week plus one week adds up to 2 weeks, one month plus one month adds up to 2 months , it really isn’t long before your first year creeps up on you!! That other group had a “ grand staircase “ for one year newbies I wish this group celebrated similar milestones! JFT I WILL NOT SMOKE, and I will take NOT ONE PUFF EVER....... thanks Gail you’ve been my rock that God gave me to lean on!

15 Replies
BobKatt22

Thank you Gai.C for believing in me, as I don’t normally believe in myself. It was a long road, but a road that I’m glad that I traveled. ❤️❤️

Get Outlook for iOS<https://aka.ms/o0ukef>

Barbscloud

That's great.  I know how much celebrating that first year smoke free meant to me.  Now I'm looking forward to my 2 year anniversary in March.  That's true.  Time moves so slowly when you first quit and before you know it, you're celebrating a year.  Congrats.

Barb

elvan

Good for YOU, congratulations on your upcoming anniversary!

Ellen

0 Kudos
anncrice

I’m on day 6 and really appreciate you sharing your journey of nearly a year. One day at a time is the way to go. Sometimes one minute at a time is needed. I’m a 35 yr smoker so this is difficult but this group helps so much. NOPE is  a great acronym for me!  Thanks again and congratulations! 

0 Kudos
abbynormal42

I'm so proud of you, my friend! You have come so far from those early days. You've been inspiring to watch. I'm very glad I've gotten to share your journey with you. 

0 Kudos
BobKatt22

Thank you Abby! I’ve enjoyed your friendship ❤️❤️

Get Outlook for iOS<https://aka.ms/o0ukef>