cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

tracy9

One Month and One Day

Yesterday, April 7th, was one month ago that I quit that nasty habit. I am doing fairly well and have not slipped yet. I have been taking wellbutrin and with the exception of breaking the habits associated with smoking...life is good. Its just wonderful to not smell like smoke anymore and I am saving so much money its ridiculous. My biggest accomplishment was going to a bar with my husband. I was a little hesitant at first, but once I got a drink straw....my hands had something to do. I was just more aware of my surroundings. Smoke doesn't bother me but when we got home....everything reeked of smoke. And to think...thats how I smelled.

Well, today is another day and hope to NOT have a cigarette. I just exercise or take the dog for a walk. I tell myself that if I feel the same way in 5 minutes...I will have a cigarette. I always seem to talk myself out of it. Good luck to all of you trying to quit. Just remember...you have to quit for all the right reasons and you have to quit for you!

God Bless
Tracy
0 Kudos
2 Replies
mrs.b

Nice Job!! and Congrats Tracy ~
Especially about going to a bar...finding what works for oursleves is really the key to success in kicking this dangerous filthy habit. Bless ya and keep up the fight...your AWESOME ❤️
Mrs. B ~
0 Kudos
shauna4

Wow! Wonderfull. I can't wait until I hit my 1 month marker.

Congrats
0 Kudos