Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

mntony

On the 12th day not smoking, my true love said to me,,,,,,,,,,,

You CAN  do it 🙂

Hi all,

Tony quit on New Years day (also my 14yr old Sons birthday) After 30 something years of the bad habit.  Using Chantix for right now, which I hear can have it's own problems when you stop taking it. So far vthings are going pretty well. I do have urges several times a day, but I have been able to deal with them - I quit drinking the same time, which people thought I was nuts to do, but I think it's what saved me. Nothing worse than a beer and wanting a cigarrette, then after a few your will power is down the tubes and it's OK to have just One,,,,,,,,,, Yeah right, been there done that, too many times.

So I wont drink until I can come off Chantix, and then it will be just One beer every now and then.

Good luck to us ALL

0 Kudos
4 Replies
lisav2

I am on Chantix too.  I was supposed to quit tomorrow but quit yesterday instead, the desire just was not there.  I am so happy to have found this site and it is helping me so much.

Good Luck!

0 Kudos
firstlight

Congratulations on twelve days of not smoking!  Me, too - I'm another New Year's Ex.  Are you starting to feel better yet?

0 Kudos
mntony

I can't realy say i do feel better, not yet anyhow. My sense of smell is definately better. I can smell the smoke on my jackets etc that haven't been washed, and my car,,,, Pukesville,,, Needs major decontamination, lol

0 Kudos
firstlight

Amazing, isn't it?  It's like having a whole extra sense.  I never realized how, if someone comes into a room after just finishing a cigarette outside, it's like a noxious cloud comes into the room with the person.  (Since I spent years being this person, unbeknownst to myself, this was an embarassing discovery for me.)

I managed to catch a cold at the same time I quit, so - between the quitting-smoking cough and the cough from the cold - I'm just now getting where I can breathe again.  Indoors.  It's so $#!@ cold outdoors I still can't breathe outside without coughing.

Hope your car upholstery de-gasses soon. 🙂

0 Kudos