cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

billie

Okay. had last smoke this morning. eehhhhhh

Hi! My name is Billie. I am a 32 yo wife and mother of 2. This is my second quit. I quit 2 years ago with the help of Iquitt and members of Brown University study on smoking. Anyways you know the story. I was sure that I had control of it and that I could be a casual smoker. Guess what. That one led to another and another and now I am back up to a constant half pack aday. I cough in the mornings and gross my self out. Anyways. I decided this time to try chantix. I have been on it for 6 days now, yesterday I smoked completely out of habit. I couldn't stand the cigarettes. So I had one this morning (habit). Technically it suggests smoking for a week before quitting. Anyways. I destroyed the last few I had and we are going from there. I always had Oct 1 in my mind. Okay I will quit blabbing. I was having a small crave so I thought that I better write and get my mind off of things. Good luck to all. Have a great day. NOPE Billie
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
tempest

Well....? How are you doing now? I hope it was only a craving and nothing else more. I know it is hard and no once you smoke again you have lost all control. But you know that and it is a good step to realizing how much it controls you. Best of health and luck to you!
0 Kudos
billie

I am feeling pretty good now. I treated myself to some perfume that I really like. I won't let myself by perfume when I smoke as I feel like it is a waste when the smoke smell cancels it out. So I smell good, I am a little tense but not to bad. I am excited. I even treated my friend at work who was my smoking buddy to some perfume because she has been quit for a week now. YAY. Have a good day. Thanks for checking in on me. Billie
0 Kudos
tempest

You are welcome! Yeah the tense part is just part of frist starting out. But you sound solid and you are doing good. Hold strong and remember all you have learned fromt he EX Plan.
0 Kudos
becky2

Hi Billie my quit date was today (last one at 8 this morning) it's now 8 tonight. I started Chantix last week. I'm wanting one but only because of habit. I don't really feel the "need" for the nicotine. Good Luck! For the 1st time I'm excited about stopping, other times I tried quitting I was scared because they were my friends.
0 Kudos
cindy16

Hi, I'm on chantix too. I have been on for 8 days. I'm smoking out of habit too. Tase bad and cravings are gone. But habit is there. Everyone I know says that the 12th day you can't smoke at all/ Taste soooo bad. So I have failed so many times in the past this time taking it slow. Will have 4 cigs a day till the 12th. Then no more. Dr Oz said to plan your cigs one an hour not when your habit says to have one. Then reduce from there. That will take away the habit.
Good luck to you. Let me know how you are doing,
Cindy
0 Kudos
billie

Hi cindy, I am glad that you are taking chantix and working on your quit. I am doing great. I am on Day six with no cigs. I feel really good. I definitely get the urge but I just keep myself busy and squirt some good perfume on. That makes me happy. I am also happy today b/c it is really crappy here and I am so glad that I don't have to stand outside and smoke in it. That is nice. I know you will do great. Billie
0 Kudos
cindy16

I feel the same way about crappy weather. We live in Michigan it is actually nice out. Looks nice all weekend. First time in my life I can't wait for crappy weather. I hate to go outside in the cold and smoke. I'm still smoking about 4 or 5 a day. But I smoke to smoke. Out of habit. Really do not crave. Only time that is really going to be hard is the morning. I love a cigarette with coffee. I'm glad you are doing good. Does your husband smoke? Mine does so that is a challenge. Have a great day.
Cindy
0 Kudos