cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Tinalbowser

Oh my

This is so much harder than I thought it was going to be I had my mind set I knew I was going to quit I was never going to buy another pack of cigarettes but these days I really don’t know how I’m going to stop. I’m ashamed to come to this website but I know y’all are not judge mental. Like that other site.. I just want you know I have not quit yet I’m still smoking but I still want to quit I just don’t know how to ...my quit date was Monday. It’s not  happening cold turkey yet yes I’ve cut back yes I’m smoking less but I know that means nothing until I stop completely and give it up thank you guys for being here   

24 Replies
Tinalbowser

Yes we both are quitting together. We have to. We both want to desperately. He is coughing and can’t breathe very well. It’s scary. Last month I awoken to him sitting on side of bed coughing so hard he could not breathe. That’s when we decided to quit.  We have not stopped talking about quitting we are reading everything we can we talk about it every day we are getting excited about it and looking forward to it  

anaussiemom

Tinalbowser  It is even better when you have a partner, team, 2, to quit.  !!

0 Kudos
marciem

If you're planning on quitting Tues. morning (i.e. not smoking when you wake up), I strongly suggest and urge you to rid your home and car(s) of any and all smoking materials before hopping into bed Monday night.  It can be so difficult when your sleepy nicotine-starved brain wakes up in the morning demanding to feed its addiction and you aren't fully awake to fight to urge...  make it more difficult to smoke than to not smoke I guess is what I'm saying.

Just my experience.  Best to BOTH of you!

elvan

I cannot tell you how happy I am to hear that!

Ellen

elvan

You CAN do this, you are making all of the preparations...stick with it.  Yes, it's hard but you and your husband want MORE than to be smokers...you have plans.  Stay close,

Best,

Ellen