cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

cindy6

October Quitters

Just wanted to let everyone know that I am feeling MUCH better about my quit. I was beginning to think the Chantix was causing major depression but it was really just the nicotine withdraws. I didn't expect it to last 20 days because I don't remember it lasting that long the last time I quit. I'm sure everyone is different but man oh man am I glad to be through that!
Tags (1)
422 Replies
reggie

I smoked my last cigarette this morning at 12am while i was at work. It was hard this morining when i got off because that would always be one of my favorite times to smoke when getting off from work and going home. Today at home wasn't to bad but the cravings started getting worse as the evening approached. Well this isn't my first time quitting so i kind of know what to expect but as many times as i have quit, short periods and long ones it hasn't changed any of these uncomfortable feelings of withdrawl. I know it really is all in the mind but it really is hard at times but it is soo possible and good luck everyone.

0 Kudos
sundaychild

I've developed a hoarsness while being treated for bronchitis.  I quit smoking before and the same thing happened...I thought I had polyps on my vocal chords (I'm a gospel singer)) , but the ENT said it is  something that happens after a person stops smoking.  Has this happened to anyone else in our community?

0 Kudos
orfguy757

Hello everyone.   I had used this site before when I tried to quit about a year ago.  I forgot about it until last night.  Anyway, I have been smoke free for 3 days now (starting on my fourth now).  My last ciggarette was at 0230 on 11/5/11.  I used to be a runner, and have quit in the past for a few months to train, but I would always start back right after the run (and I would keep that in my mind while I was training). This time I will not start back. I am getting ready to start training for the Shamrock 1/2 marathon in VA Beach in March.  God willing I have smoked my last cigarette forever, but for now I am taking it one day at a time.  While there have been moments where I want to smoke, these moments have not lasted very long.  I haven't allowed myself to do what i have done in the past and rationalized why I needed to smoke right then.  I miss the few moments of quit in the mornings sitting outside and smoking, but I know that I will develop new patterns in life that I will enjoy just as much.

I hope all other October people are doing well.  I would be interested in getting to know you guys and how you guys are doing with not smoking.  I am using Chantix this time, which I have never used before.

Scott

0 Kudos

HI there October quitters! If you are new to the site - WELCOME!

Please be sure to fill out your profiles with info about your smoking history and your quit date and such. No personal stuff like phone numbers!!! Then come introduce yourself in the Blogs! That is where we mostly hang out. You'll get lots of responses there support and maybe even a laugh or two!

I collect quit dates for milestone celebrations on our Freedom train blog (happens eveyday) This virtual train ride honors people's milestones of 50 days, 100 days and then multiples thereof, 1 year anniversary and multiples thereof. If we don't have your quit date we can't be sure to honor you on the appropriate day. So please send me that date and I'll be sure it gets recorded. We are just a group of members here that do this and are not affiliated with the Ex Admin at all.

My very best wishes to you! Just click on my avatar to take you to my message board! See you in the blogs!

0 Kudos
karyn3

Oct 7 2011 Im on day 2 officially , this internet is one of my biggest triggers so getting addicted to this site is a God SenT !

0 Kudos
orfguy757

Karen, congratulations!!!  By the time I am writing this, you should be on day 3, right? How is it going?  I am on day 5 now, feeling very different.  My third day was a bit difficult, but my fourth day was much, much easier.  On my third day, I thought about smoking a lot.  I barely thought about it at all on day 4, and this morning my lungs are clearing up so much stuff that I can't imagine smoking.  I hope you are still holding strong! 

Scott

0 Kudos
BobbyMaynard

Day 4 and I feel good, the strange fuzzy feeling in my brain is gone and now it's just a matter of experiencing each craving as it comes and goes and I know they will come but I know that they will also go. Hang in there October quiters.

0 Kudos
lois13

day 1 not so bad, no more for me,  i am tired of starting over

0 Kudos
BobbyMaynard

Hello October quitters, I hope everyone is doing well and hanging in there. I an approaching the end of day 5 and so far so good. I think I am mostly past the actuall nicotine withdrawl phase but the cravings still come. Just a few minutes ago I had what may have been the strongest craving yet. I went and got me a cup of decafe coffee, went and stood in my favorite place to smoke, I took in some deep breaths just as I would if I were smoking and I had a conversation with the craving. As is the case with most of my visitors the craving got bored and left in the middle of the conversation. He thought he was a big bad craving, gonna come in here and boss me around, but after about 2 minutes of listening to me ramble on about why I really don't want to smoke anymore he just quietly slipped away. I am sure he will be back.

0 Kudos
lois13

hi oct. quitters, i am on day 2 here i go again, but i don't want to smoke any more , i am the boss not nic demon we will do this one day at a time, NOPE

0 Kudos