cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

cindy6

October Quitters

Just wanted to let everyone know that I am feeling MUCH better about my quit. I was beginning to think the Chantix was causing major depression but it was really just the nicotine withdraws. I didn't expect it to last 20 days because I don't remember it lasting that long the last time I quit. I'm sure everyone is different but man oh man am I glad to be through that!
Tags (1)
422 Replies
tsarina0805

Daniel -- What worked for me is just to get up and keep moving, especially my hands, come on a site and start typing and chew gum.  Keep it on your nightstand and deep breaths and drink a lot of water.  It passes and gets easier quickly.  Keep up the good work. lisa

0 Kudos
srouseau

Today at 4:00pm was my quit date.

I`m already thinking about a cigarette but I go back to pass experience and the craving should  only last about 5 to 10 minutes .

I`ve been smoking over 25 years.

49  female in Atlanta

0 Kudos
lois2

i am going to set a quit date, hope i can get pass a month, hang in there everybody,

0 Kudos

Welcome to the 2010 October Quitters!  Please go directly to the Blogs (top of page, next to groups).  That's where all the members hang out 24/7 and we're waiting for you!  You can write some info about you on a blog and we will comment.  Also, read others blogs and their comments for great info and tips and support.  The more involved you get on the site, the better you will do.  We have success here and you can too.  This site is very difficult to navigate and many get lost and dont come back, that's why we try to direct everyone to the Blogs.  See you there!

0 Kudos
stopping12

Hello, My quit date was yesterday! Well, after several attempts, Im doing better this time around. im keeping busy with everything under the sun, lol.

0 Kudos
chels2

Tomorrow is quit day. freaking out a bit. read alan carr's book and hoping that will help.  

0 Kudos
rosie22

Hi all,

It has now been 52 hours since I had my last cigarette. I am using nicotine patches to help ... not sure how useful they really are as I haven't tried not using them!!! I just wanted to say that I am so glad to see so many users on this website, it helps to know the nicotine monster doesn't only exist in MY mind!

0 Kudos
lois2

my quit date is OCT. 24 IF YOU DON'T FIRST succed try try again

0 Kudos
n2helicopters

My quit date was October 16...I have not had a smoke now in 48 hours.  I go through some pretty intense moments and am starting to get a bit bitchy...but I know it will be worth it in the long run. 

0 Kudos
vikkig2

Hello everyone!  My quit date was October 16th 🙂  Woke up to day 4 of my quit this morning!!  I am no longer counting quit hours but have started counting quit days.

Sunday was VERY restless and yesterday at work seemed to be a really bad day for me.  Didn't sleep much at all Sunday night but better last night.  Still am up posting here at 5 a.m..

I am drinking enough water to float a battleship, eating well and am also doing the patch.  I learned on several of my last quit attempts that I cannot do this cold turkey.  Not ashamed to have some help in quitting.  At least I am no longer putting the poisons and toxins from the cigs in my body...and guess what?  I have already stopped wheezing when I get up in the morning and breathing so much better!!

We can do this!!!!

0 Kudos