cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

cindy6

October Quitters

Just wanted to let everyone know that I am feeling MUCH better about my quit. I was beginning to think the Chantix was causing major depression but it was really just the nicotine withdraws. I didn't expect it to last 20 days because I don't remember it lasting that long the last time I quit. I'm sure everyone is different but man oh man am I glad to be through that!
Tags (1)
422 Replies
spunkie

Stop by my page and watch my funny video it will help with your quit and make you laugh ! Let me know what you think of it .. So nice to have you all here.

SMOKE FREE AND LOVING IT ...JUST....PAYING IT FORWARD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0 Kudos
suzimac

Hi Everybody, congatulations to all, I have not smoked for three weeks, I am so grateful for this site, and everyone on it . If you are new here, hang on, this is such a great feeling, I never have to smoke again!!!
0 Kudos
chris86

15 days, 12 hours & 50 minutes later and I still haven't had a smoke.

Still with the nicotine replacement, but I'll be off that soon.
0 Kudos
brooke7

almost done with day 3. i've had many cravings today but have not acted on them! YAY! 🙂 it's looking good especially since i can turn on my computer and look for words of encouragement. it keeps me sane! 🙂 love this site...
0 Kudos
frank-7965

Hi. May Planned quit date is this Friday. Any advice?
0 Kudos
frank-7965

By the way. Going Cold Turkey.
0 Kudos
tfritz

Hi Frank. I quit cold turkey 11 days 22 hours ago. Take it easy and sleep as much as you can. Let the cravings pass and find another activity to replace smoking. Drink juice and find something to occupy your hands (suckers, sunflower seeds, soduku whatever you like). Most imp., stay positive and focused on the goal of living a smoke free life where you are in control! We're here for you!
0 Kudos
jenn-brown

Whoop whoop quit October 16th and still going smoke-free! Any advice on how to keep it up? Really hoping I can make it through the holidays without a relapse!
0 Kudos
ali3

Going on Day 4 cold turkey. I've eaten two bags of gummy worms:)
0 Kudos
tfritz

Day 12-going strong! No cravings. No afternoon headaches anymore either (2 days of that was unbearable). I just walked by smokers-gag-smelled disgusting. No desire for one. I can't believe I smelled so gross either. I teach at a univesrity so it's almost impossible to not walk by or see smokers. I pity them. I don't want to be like them. I'm FREE!!!!
0 Kudos