cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

cindy6

October Quitters

Just wanted to let everyone know that I am feeling MUCH better about my quit. I was beginning to think the Chantix was causing major depression but it was really just the nicotine withdraws. I didn't expect it to last 20 days because I don't remember it lasting that long the last time I quit. I'm sure everyone is different but man oh man am I glad to be through that!
Tags (1)
422 Replies
susanj

October 17th quit date and today is the 19th. Yeah for me - so far so good.
0 Kudos
rebecca19

I made it to day 7! So many things happened this weekend from the stressful to the everyday that were little challenges to overcome, but I got through it. I'm actually starting to think of myself as a non-smoker, which is really pretty cool. Hope everyone else is holding strong at the start to the week!
0 Kudos
marilyn26

feeling guilty. was on day 5 and i caved in. and had two this morning. sigh. was feeling so proud of myself too. ggrrrr. back at it. im feeling like i let myself down. sigh.
0 Kudos
cas746

Marilyn, at least you are trying again! I have 2 friends that caved and are giving up on quitting. You should still feel proud you quit for 5 days. Baby steps, small goals, are always easier than seeing a big picture. I can't think about 2 weeks, 2 months. I'm on day 9 and I'm focusing on getting to the end of the day and that's it. Good job though on wanting to still quit! Don't be down on yourself...
0 Kudos
janet2

Hi everyone, day 1 here. Have tried to quit so many times it's crazy. Hopefully this time it will take
0 Kudos
bethany4

My freedom began Oct 13 2009 at 1244am.....approaching one week and feeling fantastic......
0 Kudos
sarah-manley

Hello ex smokers. I am determined to remain an ex. I quit on October 12, 2 days before my sons 11th birthday. Today is day 7. I am using commit lozenges and my biggest fear is that I will be on the lozenges forever. Any and all tips for letting go of the nicotine replacement therapy very welcome. I was a 3 pack a day smoker so relapse is NOT an option.
0 Kudos
april11

Hi everyone almost at my 7th day its been alot of ups and downs but still hanging on ! I had to be around alot of smokers today and its been hard so I" been a little or maybe alot on edge to night.
0 Kudos
suzimac

Day 14 for me, I am so in awe of this , I.m quitting one day at a time, however 2 weeks and nobody got hurt !!! amazing. thanks and best wishes to everyone !!
0 Kudos
cas746

Double Digits! 10 Days for me...
0 Kudos