cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

cindy6

October Quitters

Just wanted to let everyone know that I am feeling MUCH better about my quit. I was beginning to think the Chantix was causing major depression but it was really just the nicotine withdraws. I didn't expect it to last 20 days because I don't remember it lasting that long the last time I quit. I'm sure everyone is different but man oh man am I glad to be through that!
Tags (1)
422 Replies
matt-lyter

I made it to doube digits...10 days! Feeling pretty good today but the weekends are the toughest. I didn't normally smoke during work, but being home all day is tougher. But so far it isn't as bad as last weekend. Good luck to everyone else! We are going to do it!
0 Kudos
rebecca14

Congrats to everyone that has made it ANOTHER day!!!!! It's so exciting to accomplish something like this. I posted a blog on a few things to help people when they are struggling. Hopefully it will help!
0 Kudos

Is it normal to feel like you have a harder time breathing when you first quit? I am on day 5, going on 6 tomorrow. I work out all the time and run at the gym ( i know, and I used to smoke 10 cigs a day) but lately when I go to gym I am hving a harder time, anyone?
0 Kudos
marilyn26

today is my fourth day!! i never thought i would make it past the first. didnt even put the patch on today. i have a bad problem with anxiety and the patch always seems to minic the symptoms and i knew today i would not be able to use it. so i worked then have been hanging out with my sister who doesnt smoke.

I feel bad for her, ive probably told her about 20 times today that i reeeeally want a smoke. lol im getting there, and im feeling PROUD of myself! yay~
0 Kudos
ash3

Quit date 10-19-09 wish me luck.
0 Kudos
rich2

Hello all, just joined today, my quit day is 9/21/09 (I didn't see a Sept. quit date group) I'm closing in on 4 weeks. I've been using the patch, and it is working great for me.
  connecting with others, I think will help too!
0 Kudos
katheen

JUST CHECKING IN AND LETTING EVERYONE KNOW THAT WE ARE DOING ALRIGHT SO FAR AT LEAST. HAVEN'T TAKEN A PUFF OF A SMOKE SO FAR TODAY AND HOPEFULLY WE WON'T DO IT. I KNOW THAT SMOKING IS NOT SOMETHING THAT I WANT TO DO AT THIS TIME. IT'S LIKE I'M LEARNING HOW NOT TO SMOKE AND THAT IS A LITTLE BIT CHANGLING AT TIMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOT DONE SO IN A LONG TIME SO DOES IT GET BETTER AS TIME GOES ALONG. I SURE HOPE SO BECAUSE I HATE THESE CRAVINGS THEY CAN BE REALLY HARD AT TIMES AND IT'S ALL I CAN DO JUST NOT TO PICK THEM UP AND GIVE UP ON THIS QUITTING IS ONE OF THE HARDEST THINGS TO DO. I KNOW I WANT TO QUIT SMOKING AND I HAVE ALLOT OF SUPPORT HERE AND I REALLY DO APPREACHATE THAT ALLOT BUT THERE HAS BEEN TIMES WHERE I JUST NEEDED SOMEONE TO TALK TO AND NO ONE AROUND. I GUESS IT WILL GET BETTER AS TIME GOES ALONG AND YES I'LL REMAIN A NON SMOKER AT LEAST FOR NOW.

YOUR SMOKE FREE FRIEND KATHLEEN & DANNY
0 Kudos
susanj

Now entering day 2. Gloomy Sunday. Will go to church and then what? I would like to sit on the back steps of my house and smoke cigarettes and mourn my sorry lot in life. Can't do that because today is day 2 of not smoking for real. Not really craving them physically - I crave the emotional release. Let's all make it through this day..
0 Kudos
mommaz

Had a smoke yesterday...ended up having to take my little guy to the ER last night and it just capped off a crappy week. I feel so guilty!!! Today is a new day...can it still be day 4 or do I have to start over at day 1? UGH.
0 Kudos
mitchy48

Hi, Mz.
  Sorry you're havin' a tough time. This too shall pass.
  And yes, you have to start from day 1 again (I assume those are the rules).
  Every day for me is Day 1, that is to say, I start fresh with fresh thoughts and when a craving comes up, I just beat it down by using this trick:
  (Since the mind can only think one thought at a time)....
  I just count my breathing in my head, like----(Inhale, 1,2,3,4, And, Exhale,1,2,3,4. Before you know it, you're getting more Oxygen and the 'craving thought' has passed.
  Anyway, works for me.......thought I'd share.
  Mitch
0 Kudos