cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

cindy6

October Quitters

Just wanted to let everyone know that I am feeling MUCH better about my quit. I was beginning to think the Chantix was causing major depression but it was really just the nicotine withdraws. I didn't expect it to last 20 days because I don't remember it lasting that long the last time I quit. I'm sure everyone is different but man oh man am I glad to be through that!
Tags (1)
422 Replies
debosan

Mitch, the advice is great. I think that is what we are all here for. We need to share our own experiences and use techniques that helped others. I am just a little crabby today. My poor kid might be wondering why she even wanted me to quit!
0 Kudos
matt-lyter

Hello, everyone! I'm in my 9th day and things are going much better now that I'm in the 2nd week of quitting. I started using Chantix on the 1st of October and was glad that I did. Previously, I only made it about 16 hours before running out to get more cigs.

I was crazy about the price of Chantix and disappointed that my presciption plan wouldn't cover the medication. However, the original 4-week price of about $145 was reduced to $117 by Rite-Aid through their Rx Savings Card. All in all, the cravings have been greatly reduced but not completely gone. I estimate that I've saved about $35 on cigarettes (smoked about 12-15 cigs/day), and by the time the first 4 weeks are finished, I will have saved about $77 on cigs. That means the first 4 weeks only cost me $40!!!!! During the next 4 weeks, all of them without cigs, the medication will have only cost me about $7!!!!!

I am feeling a little better every day. Want to be healthier in my choices of snacks, though. (Licorice has been my recent addiction!) But it's cyclical. I used to be an avid hiker. But I stopped exercising because of my lack of breath control due to smoking. No exercise...I gained weight. No exercise...I had more time to smoke. Smoking...I didn't have the breath-control to exercise. And so on. I'm tired of the continual cycle.

So now I'm eight days in and ready for a little hike to see the Fall colors here in Pennsylvania (if it stops raining long enough.)

Anyone else feeling the same?

Hit me up. Let's talk.

Matt
0 Kudos
beth24

Hey Matt...Welcome! I'm also in my 9th day using Step 1 patch and using this site to keep me sane. We find what works for us and the cost is minimal compared to our lives! Keep the faith, come here often for encouragement, and keep us posted on your progress. Peace
0 Kudos
rebecca14

So im on day 13 today! I used my patches for 3 days and got the swine flu and had to take the patch off! In all honesty the flu was the best thing that ever happened to me! KD my hubby even quit smoking!
0 Kudos
katheen

GOOD MORNING TO ALL OUR FIRST DAY TODAY TO QUIT SMOKING BEEN AROUND HERE JUST HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO QUIT SMOKING SO FAR. JUST THOUGHT THAT I'D SAY HI AND LET EVERYONE KNOW HOW WE ARE DOING. THE CAT OF OURS CHEWED UP OUR CORD ON THE MOUSE THE OTHER DAY SO I COULDN'T USE IT FOR SEVERAL DAYS. YES I WAS A LITTLE BIT UPSET WITH HIM BUT THEN AGAIN JUST LIKE A CHILD CAN BE WE GET UPSET BUT THEN WE FORGIVE THEM WELL IT'S THE SAME WAY WITH OUR CATS. I'VE HAD A SINUS INFECTION LATELY AND YES I DON'T FEEL GOOD AT ALL BUT YET I AM RIGHT WHERE I'M SUPPOSE TO BE. I HAVE A REALLY BAD HEADACHE JUST TO SAY THE LEAST AND YET I CANNOT SLEEP SO I'M HERE ON LINE INSTEAD OF SMOKING. TOSSED ALL THE SMOKES OUT AND EMPTYED THE ASH TRAY AND THREW AWAY ALL OTHER MATERAL THAT GOES ALONG WITH SMOKING. BUT I STILL HAVE A LIGHTER COVER BUT THAT WAS GIVEN TO ME BY A SPECIAL FRIEND SO THAT I'LL NEVER GET RID OF TI.

LOVE YOU KATHLEEN & DANNY
0 Kudos
susan13

Good morning everyone. Today is my eight day. I am using the patch this time and occasionally a low dose nicorette gum when I am having a really hard craving. I have smoked almost all my life, well over 40 years. I never thought I could get this far because I was a chain smoker. I want to thank everyone for their support. God bless all of you.
0 Kudos
mommaz

Day 3 for me! I've been wanting to "cheat" but I keep telling myself "why undo what you've already done?"
  I manage an office and the girls at work always ask if they can go for a "smokey-treat". I told them they have to ask if they can go do something gross now, so they ask if they can go eat head cheese! LOL!!! Disgusting, but they say that and I don't want to go with them!! Had a beer last night and that was rough to get through without one, but I did it. It helps that I live in the middle of nowhere and to go get smokes I would have to pack up the kids and drive at least 15 minutes to get to the nearest gas station. I think my worst day is yet to come...every other Wednesday I shoot pool on a league and it's my week coming up....yikes!
0 Kudos
beth24

Congrats on Day 3, MommaZ!! LOL! It's great that your office is full of good humor...eating head cheese LOL what a riot!!! Wonderful to hear you talking yourself out of cheating. We're in a war here and we have to choose sides everyday! War is hell!! Stay strong! You're doing great! Peace
0 Kudos
susanj

Day one for me. I pray I will get through it.
0 Kudos
beth24

Day 1! Congratulations on making the decision to quit! You can do this, you know. I will pray that you will be successful in your journey to be smokefree. Keep coming back to this site...it offers so much...everyone is SO cool and they are SO helpful! I'm on Day 10 - the longest I've ever quit and I couldn't have gotten this far without all of the support I receive each and every day of the war I have waged on cigarettes. FREEDOM!!!! Peace and love
0 Kudos