cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

cindy6

October Quitters

Just wanted to let everyone know that I am feeling MUCH better about my quit. I was beginning to think the Chantix was causing major depression but it was really just the nicotine withdraws. I didn't expect it to last 20 days because I don't remember it lasting that long the last time I quit. I'm sure everyone is different but man oh man am I glad to be through that!
Tags (1)
422 Replies
rebecca19

I have chosen a quit date of October 12th. I've begun separating from my triggers, and only had one cigarette this morning on the way to work instead of my usual two.
0 Kudos
katheen

Well I have'nt set a date yet but hopefully this will work for us. I say us because I have a partner who also wants to quit with me so hopefully we can get this and do it this time around and not start back again like we seem to do. I have COPD so I have to quit smoking and he just wants to support me in this so I thank that is wonderful to me. I know is that this illness will not get any better unless I do quit smoking and that is what I know for a fact. I need to set a day and stick to it and not go back to smoking but it is one of the hardest things to do for us.
0 Kudos
spunkie

Katheen your story sounds so much like mine set your day and post here lots of help I am sure .

SMOKE FREE AND LOVING IT
0 Kudos
cindy6

This is my first time here. I have not set an exact quit date yet, but I will soon. A few months ago is when I decided it would be some time in October. My daughter kept asking me, "when are you going to try again Mom?" I told her October, so I guess it is a positive sign that tomorrow is October 1st and I am here trying to prepare myself. I want to track my cigarette usage first because that is something that I have never done. How long would you suggest I track for? A few days, a week, two weeks? I smoke between 15 and 20 cigarettes a day on average and have for 25 years. Can you believe that? 25 years of wasted time, money, and energy! It really boggles my mind and makes me scared to give it up. I think my biggest fear is that I will fail again. I went 9 months without a cigarette. I thought I had it beat for sure!! I had one bad day and told myself that 1 cigarette will not hurt me. At least I know THAT isn't true!
0 Kudos
olivia

I am quitting October 1st and am ready to stay quit! I have 2 other friends who are all quitting tomorrow as well, so I think that will help 🙂 If anybody else is quitting tomorrow, add me as a friend so we can support each other as well!
0 Kudos
joe20

You will all do good. My quit date was Sep 28th and I was scared to death of not having another smoke after. It really isn't as hard as I thought and I know you all can do it. Best of luck everyone.
0 Kudos
cindy6

Good for you Joe! I'm glad to hear it hasn't been too terribly painful for you.

Olivia, good luck tomorrow! I will root for you and your friends. Keep me updated on your progress. I need all the encouragement I can get! I start taking my Chantix tomorrow so my quit day is about 7 days away. Can't believe I put myself back at square one.
0 Kudos
rhonda9

You can do it Olivia never ever give up one day at a time

Good job Joe!!

Will be there for you Cindy At least you put our self back at square one good job
0 Kudos
rhonda9

Best of luck to everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0 Kudos
spunkie

Everyone stop by my page and watch my video it will make you laugh and help with your quit... I will be praying for all your quits. Smoke free and loving it
0 Kudos