cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

cindy6

October Quitters

Just wanted to let everyone know that I am feeling MUCH better about my quit. I was beginning to think the Chantix was causing major depression but it was really just the nicotine withdraws. I didn't expect it to last 20 days because I don't remember it lasting that long the last time I quit. I'm sure everyone is different but man oh man am I glad to be through that!
Tags (1)
422 Replies
irene3

I just want to say thankyou to everyone here at become an ex. if i had never saw the commercial about this sight i would still be smokeing.I have been nicotene free for 9 day's and i am doing it cold turkey . I have smoked for over 25 years consistently. I am so grateful i hated smokeing....i hated everything about it.......i just did not know where to begin......thank you become an ex for your support...that goes to anyone whom is reading this because become an ex is us
0 Kudos
Sandi4

In 15 minutes I will be smoke free for 2 weeks. I feel like I can take this thing all the way. I look forward to when not smoking is second nature and I won't watch the minutes any more but for now this is how I'm doing it. Cold turkey and one day at a time.

I wish you all successful quits through the rest of October and the rest of our healthy, smoke free lives.

Have a wonderful Sunday!!!
0 Kudos
jen39

Hi my name is Jen and I quit cold turkey 25 days ago.This was something I NEVER thought possible. I know people say all the time " If I could do it, anyone can", well I'm here to tell you, if " I CAN DO THIS ANYONE CAN "! No bull, If I can be of support to anyone, please let me know.
0 Kudos
bucky

Today is the Day! Wish me luck, and please. If you have any suggestions to ge tthrough today, please write me!
0 Kudos
kellie2

Best of luck Bucky!! Lean on us; we are here for support. To give it and get it. I am on day 7 and today was tough. I didn't have much of a craving, but just didn't have much interest in putting the energy into it...LOL. It is funny what our minds do to us. I stayed strong and hung in there. You can do it too!
0 Kudos
kellie2

Today is Day 8. YEAH!! It is going to be hard. My 4 year old lab, Trinity (pictured to the left) is going in for knee surgery today. I am a very nervous Mom and really want a smoke. I have to keep telling myself that a smoke won't help calm my nerves, that is just something we tell ourselves to make it ok, but instead it will just make me feel like a big loser for blowing a good quit. I don't want to be a loser. I want to be an EX!! I am breathing deep...just hope I don't get light headed and pass out....LOL
0 Kudos
ddt

Congrats on 8 days Kellie and sending good thoughts for Trinity today!
0 Kudos
kim-williams

Congrats to everyone who's been smoke free, and strength to the ones preparing for their first step!
0 Kudos
jessie-ll

I have been quit for 1 Week, 1 Day, 14 hours, 24 minutes and 28 seconds (8 days). I have saved $41.28 by not smoking 86 cigarettes. I have saved 7 hours and 10 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 10/19/2008 10:24 PM, wow...so far I have done really good, a few times I have been a bit snippy but I have not actually bitten anyones head off...YET...I have already spent the money that I have saved on smoking on some new clothes that don't smell like smoke...I smell smoke on other people from long distances and I have also noticed that Food tastes so much better...I still get cravings and mild headaches but not enough to take medication, I keep myself busy at work and at home...
0 Kudos
ddt

Erin it is hard to quit smoking but we have to set our minds to it. I am on the patch also. My quit date was Monday also. I hope you aren't having that one cig while wearing the patch. That can be kind of dangerous. Wishing you all the best on your quit. We are all here to help, so keep posting! Di
0 Kudos