Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Amy436

Numbness and dispersion

Hello guys,

im BãÇk with some new questions

first of all it’s being 50 days without smoking and didn’t even used any patches 

thank God 

my question is 

1.i’m feeling week and 

2. Numbness in my left hand 

3 . Dizziness and feeling sleepy as i’m sleeping a lot 

my question is are these withdrawal symptoms as well I mean it’s being 50 days now 

kindly advise plz as I went to doctor she told im fine and did one test complete blood count and it was normal I asked the reason why did she did the test she answers she want to check if my blood is okey after quitting smoking .

the blood test was normal 

8 Replies
Nymous

Since you mention the pain is in the left hand,I am surprised that your doctor did not do an ECG to rule out any heart related issues. Feeling bored and sleepy is something that I heard you can expect after quitting smoking . If you do not work out already, I suggest that you work out and do some cardio and see if it helps.

0 Kudos
Barbara145

Congrats on quitting smoking.  Our bodies make so many adjustments after abusing them.  Taking walks really helped me.  It gets our blood pumping which of course oxygenates all our tissues.  Stick with it, it gets to be pretty wonderful.  It just takes time.  Keep up the good work.

indingrl

CONGRATS AMY436 on 50 NICOTINE FREE DAYS! Good job! PLEASE CALL YOUR MEDICAL DOCTOR OR GO BACK TO YOUR MEDICAL DOCTOR and state ALL these PERSONAL CONCERNS FOR YOUR PHYSICAL AND MENTAL HEALTH CONCERNS TOO..... to YOUR MEDICAL DOCTOR.... Please I am talking about ME....please take what HELPS and let go of the rest to be HELPFUL is MY only aim thank you...I am NOT A MEDICAL DOCTOR... I am a recovering NICOTINE addict... PLEASE CALL YOU MEDICAL DOCTOR OR ASK THE EXPERTS ADVICE HERE... I DO NOT BELIEVE MEDICAL ADVICE EVEN SUGGESTED BY ANYONE OTHER THAN A MEDICAL DOCTOR HAS YOUR ANSWERS AMY436 please please CALL YOUR PERSONAL DOCTOR.... thank you so much for taking care of YOU with the LICENSED MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS FIRST..... NO ONE here that I know of is a MEDICAL LICENSED DOCTOR as far as blogging responders are recovering addicts.... I hope your MEDICAL LISCENSED DOCTOR helps YOU MY BELOVED AMY436 with ALL these PERSONAL MEDICAL OVER ALL HEALTH CONCERNS! 

0 Kudos
Giulia

Numbness in one's left hand is not usually a withdrawal symptom.  Feeling sleepy is.  If the numbness persists and the dizziness, go for a second opinion would be my advice.   

AWESOME 50 DAYS!!!!!! THAT IS FANTASTIC!!!!!

I also recommend you call your health care people.

I didn't experience numbness.... in week 1,

3 days that I  needed extra sleep

That was mid-week, after 2 days of endless energy. I think 

that came of a natural High that I wasn't going down this road again???

Everyone's journey is different...

Many prayers for your continued success!!!!

See that Dr.!     Call this morning or just go to the clinic.

Prairie

MichelleDiane

Hi.  I'm not a doctor, but I understand that circulation gets better after you quit smoking.  Maybe you can ask the doctor about that.  Good luck and congrats on 50 days WON.

-Michelle

Amy436

I guess it was my depression as i’m thinkig much about it 

now i’m perfectly fine and trying not to think much about it 

0 Kudos
anaussiemom

I have smoked for 45 yrs.  I did have a stroke! 

No warnings that I can recall.  Teeny tiny head ache for 1/2 second.
Anyway back to story walked down a lot of bleachers from a grandson basketball game, much later after that momentary ache. Got in the car...cruising along.  All of a sudden my speech got just a wee bit slurred.   I knew from my work history if this was some bizarre, freak of a stroke I needed to get help quickly....
Bottom line had a stroke , lovely helicopter ride to 2nd hospital!  NOT. 
They saved me from very possible serious consequences.
I would go numb then and  again in the past yr or so previous  ...didnt think much of it!  
Even with  awful blood tests. Cholesterol,  and such was much to high.

Hindsight says I did have warnings. 
Things for me don't always come about as I expected.

Amy436

Congratulations on your quit!
KUDOS!
Glad your blood was normal.

0 Kudos